Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Friend Fix"

Wow....I am way behind today!  Tucker was bitten by a spider (probably while he was fishing and running around in the woods this weekend), so I had to take him at the doctor this morning at 8:10.  She gave him some medicine for the bite and it is also suppose to prevent staff from getting inside the bite!

Then He had to be at physical therapy at 10:30...Looks like he is going to have to start going back every week to do therapy on his feet and the calves of his legs.  The chemo that he had to take for his leukemia has done some damage to the nerves in his feet.  HOPEFULLY this will all be resolved through the continuation of therapy!

                 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



We enjoyed a "Friend Fix" last evening....you know what a "Friend Fix" is don't you?

It's when you haven't seen your friends in a while and by spending an evening out with them, you get that fix!  You feel all better again!!



Our friends are such wonderful Blessings to us.
Sam and I rejoice in the goodness of God and in the gift of friendships that he has given us through each one of these special people...

Most of us graduated together and we try to go out at least once a month or so because we all have such a special bond!


Last night, we had dinner at "Newk's" and it was soooo gooood!  I had this BBQ and chicken pizza that is pictured above.  It comes with red onions, but since I am not an onion eater, I ordered the pizza without ONIONS!

After dinner, we walked next door to the "Orange Leaf".....OMG, Oh my Goodness....they have wonderful yogurt and the most amazing toppings for this wonderful yogurt!!

The BEST thing about this yogurt is the price.  Sam and I purchased a band card and one of the sponsors is "Orange Leaf" which means we get to buy one and the other one of lesser charge is FREE.  I said FREE!!

How great is that??



Here we are....All 10 of us!

We have rejoiced together, we have weeped together, Prayed together, taken trips together, and we feast OFTEN together,

But...the best part of our friendship is that we love each other and we have the BEST of times with one another.....

Friends are Special!!

Hugs y'all....

Shug ~




13 comments:

  1. Friends are the family you choose. Good friends are worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look like you had a ball!!! And how great that so many of you could get together all at the same time! The pizza looks really yummy! Gosh, I hope Tucker can get the neuropathy helped. My best friend has it really bad from her chemo. She is in P.T. now but still hasn't found anything to help it, and she has bought all kinds of gadgets. How did he get bit? Was it painful? did you see the spider?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pass me the onions...I love red onions! How blessed you are with friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends are great to have---yes indeed.

    Sounds like you guys had a great fix.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I am so glad y'all have those friends. Sounds like a great time.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great time you had,, too bad about the spider bite,, thats a little scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Friends are very special!!! I always enjoy our times with special friends also... Great photos...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your friends are so blessed to have each other, Shug! How wonderful to have these people who you have shared so much of life with and continue to do so! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your friend fix sounds wonderful. I need a friend fix, I think! I hope Tucker is 100% better soon. I'm glad you caught the spider bite when you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the idea of a friend fix. I need to use that term!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG (oh my goodness) what a wonderful thing this is...to have such great friends for so many years! I just know you feel special each month or whenever you share time together with your friends.

    Just made my day...knowing how happy you are.

    Blessings..
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shug!

    I can't think of anything that will makes me happier than a good friend! I know that you will always be blessed with many wonderful friends, you are such a sweetheart!

    Praying for Tucker.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...