Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tremendously Awesome Weekend

"Super BIG....WOW"  ..........................

Busy, Busy Weekend.  Now, ........I'm not one to take a nap during the day, but I had to grab me a few winks before I could even start to post today...

We have gone from the "City Fest" to "Vegas" to the "Church Homecoming," all in about a 24 hour period of time......

Our Town celebrated a "City Fest" this weekend.....
I love how the theme was centered around "Memorial Day."  So many flags, several speakers, music, FOOD, craft vendors and to top it off,  FIREWORKS!!!


Remember the flags????   This is such a beautiful photo!  Nothing like seeing the "American Flag" flying!!

The money raised at this years event is going to the Chandler Memorial Library....There are several things planned for the future of the Library...

I feel very Blessed to live in this small town that supports such things as a nice Library for all the citizens to enjoy.....

                          ***********

Then, it was off to "Las Vegas"......

Mylee Jo was in her very first "Dance Recital" ever!



Need I say more???

Ok...just a few words....

Her group stole the show!!!! No kidding....



These precious little darlings danced to
"Splish, Splash, I Was Taking A Bath"
and
"Teddy Bear" by Elvis......

All day this past Friday, Mylee and (I) danced to
Splish, Splash and I can tell you,....  We Were Making Some Moves!!

Then we moved on to "Just want to be your Teddy Bear"......Almost threw my back out on this one!!!

WOOOO....I'm tired all over again!

**********

Next, it was our "Church Homecoming."

   It was great to see folks that we haven't seen in a few years....Everything was special about the day.....Our new Pastor (who is WONDERFUL....AND SO is his BEAUTIFUL WIFE and kids) spoke about reunions and how someday as Christians we are going to have the ultimate reunion with our Lord!!!

The meal was FANTASTIC and there was soooooo much food!


A Tremendously Awesome Weekend!!!

Totally Sweet Blessings to You all!!

Shug

6 comments:

  1. wow,, somebody will sleep well tonight,, thanks for sharing,, beautiful memory filled weekend,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time.I am awaiting that reunion in the sky.That will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mylee Jo is beautiful!!! Did you get any video? I love the flag picture, too. My, you have had a super busy day!!! I had wondered what happened to you this morning, but figured it was the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a super busy weekend! Glad to hear it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun weekend all around for you!

    Have a great Memorial Day.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...