Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gifts.....

Gifts....I love gifts!  Who doesn't?  

 Already, kids eyes are glued to the TV as commercials fill their little minds with all kinds of WANTS and imaginations of this and that.....

I get so ticked just listening to Mylee each day as she proclaims what she wants for Christmas or for her Birthday....I'm talking about a 3 year old here.  During every single toy commercial, she says "I need dat for my birthday."
If I don't say something she gets upset so I just usually respond by saying "OK."

One day not long ago, I answered Ok and her reply was "Don't say dat OK."  In other words, she wanted me to say Yes we will get dat.....not just OK..  (Pretty Smart)

Anticipation.....we all wait with anticipation to open gifts...Something about gifts makes our hearts beat a little faster.  I remember a few years ago, it was the day after Thanksgiving, and the girls and I had decided to jump into that crazy mix of hustle and bustle of the shopping frenzy to see what it was all about.  I am thinking that we probably left the house around 4:00 in the morning because that was what everybody else was doing! 

 Our first stop was the mall....we made our entrance, got our free gift and was heading back out the door.  Out in the parking lot, below my feet, was a beautiful one hundred dollar bill.  Did I keep it? I know this will come as a surprise to you, but,  YES I did!  However, I did split it with Trista and Shanda.

You would not believe the excitement that day out in the parking lot of a mall.....That little gift made our day!  It was well worth the couple hours of sleep that we lost in order for us to be there at the exact time that the lost 100 dollar bill needed a home.

Wouldn't it be nice to find a gift like this everyday?  Whether you realize it or not, we not only receive A GIFT everyday, but we are surrounded by GOD'S ABUNDANT SUPPLY OF GIFTS! 

There are gifts hidden everywhere and we have access to all of them.  First of all, we have the ultimate gift of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.....and then, we are privileged to be able to accept the gift of Salvation.....

It us up to us to decide if we want to accept these FREE gifts or completely deny them....I have accepted Both of these Priceless gifts and each day I look forward to receiving all the other gifts that God has in store for me.....I want to enjoy these gifts and I want to be able to share them with others...

Shug Sez.....

Everyday, Every minute, Every Breath is truly a gift from God.  Open them up...Enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. Gifts are exciting and I think kids love them the most; however my girls get pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...