Friday, October 15, 2010

WORN THREADS!

There is something very satisfying about Friday's!!

What a week this has been...I have been home almost all week....working, working and more working trying to be better organized... 



What is the least respected area in your home....Most of us would probably say the "CLOSET"

Closet space is something that few of us have too much of!  I'm just not sure why I never have enough space....Could it be that I have to much to go inside of a closet?

Who doesn't have a DREAM CLOSET?
I think this one would be mine.....



For several weeks now, I had been planning to dig out all of my Winter clothes and pack up the Summer clothes.  I did not realize what I was fixing to get myself into.....

What a chore.  I started around 8:00 on Wednesday morning and did not finish until about 8:00 that night....I really needed to take my time and weed out all of the old clothes.  Clothes that I have GROWN out of and the ones that were looking like they came out of my grandmother's closet....

I guess you could say that I waited a very long time before deciding to toss a few things.  I finally decided that less is better!
Besides, my closet was beginning to look like it was out of control.
(Not ME....The closet)

I unpacked clothes..took clothes out of drawers, and pulled a lot of things off of the rack that I didn't even recognize.  It wasn't that they were all too old, I just didn't couldn't see them...Some still had the tags on them...??

I put some serious thoughts into taking the unwanted clothes to the resale shops, but by late that afternoon, I decided that I was way too tired to bother with it....I immediately sent out a text to my niece to find out if she would be interested in taking them....I told her that she better come on and get them or I was hauling them off to the goodwill store the next day....She was there within a couple of hours. 

I can promise you that she left with way over $2000. dollars worth of clothes.  I know...I know....this is shameful!  Would you believe that my closet is still full of clothes and we have a HUGE CLOSET?  I have decided that I need to make some adjustments to my wardrobe....

Two pairs of jeans, six shirts, four dress slacks, black skirt, black dress, couple of jackets and four sweaters........20 items total....
Oh shucks.....I forgot about the casual clothes...I will need a couple of casual jackets and matching pants....


This is a picture of (ONE) of Paris Hilton's closets.....

Who needs that many clothes?

Yep...I think I will keep my wardrobe at a minimum from now on and dress it up with lots of accessories....

It feels really good to be FREE of so much STUFF.

Shug Sez.......

Make Everyday GREAT!


4 comments:

  1. My sister in West Texas turned their two car garage into a master bath and closet and it is wonderful - her husband is a big dresser and probably uses more than her. My closet is very small and packed - could use some of your attention and energy!! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working on my own closet today...Wish I had Paris Hilton's space.....Thanks for the comment about my purse addiction..My daughter complains everytime I buy a new one but get's excited when she gets my old ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this thing about when I purchase and item at least one item goes. That keeps things not only cleaned out but updated. Out with the old and in with the new was one of my summer projects. Heck, after 37 years I've also got Hubby on this system and he never ever got rid of anything. Heeehehehe!

    I just wanted to let ya know I've been absent because I've been with my Daddy in Brownsville Tx. He'd been battling a three decade fight with leukemia which ended last Wed. evening. Bloggin' has not been at the top of my list.

    God bless and ya'll have a beautiful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nezzy's idea is great and I try very hard to do this myself. It is hard though.
    This is a hard job to do too. I have more clothes than I need I'm sure but I have "work /school" clothes and more dressier
    clothes for other occasions.
    Keep up the great work!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...