Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just Jumpin'

I was glancing through a magazine yesterday and had to quickly take a second look.  The title on the page was Jumpin'.  I immediately thought:  "Wow....they have written a story about me."

JUMPIN'......that is exactly what I do best.....I can still remember all of the songs!  Does this bring back any memories

Mother, Mother, I am ill
Call for the doctor over the hill.
In came the doctor,
In came the nurse,
In came the lady with the alligator purse.
Measles, said the doctor.
Mumps, said the nurse.
Nothing, said the lady with the alligator purse.
Out goes the doctor, out goes the nurse,
Out goes the lady with the alligator purse.


Or, how bout this one.......
 
Teddy bear , teddy bear ,

Touch the ground ,
Teddy bear , teddy bear ,
Turn around ,
Teddy bear , teddy bear ,
Climb upstairs ,
Teddy bear , teddy bear ,
Say your prayers,
Teddy bear , teddy bear ,
Turn down the light,
Teddy bear , teddy bear ,
Say good night.


And of Course this one......



Cinderella, dressed in yellow
Went upstairs to kiss a fellow
Made a mistake
Kissed a snake
How many doctors
Did it take?


These are all cute little Jumpin' songs......However, this is really not what I'm talking about.... (Loved these old jumpin' songs...had to throw them in today)

I'm talking about my everyday life....My jumping begins the moment I step out of bed.....(And I thought they said jumping would help you lose weight!)  Hasn't happened here!

The article was talking about arthritis and it said to "Keep your joints Jumpin'."  It also said that staying active is the key....the article went on to say that we needed to improve our muscle tone on the muscles around the joints in order to improve our chances of not getting arthritis. 

I read those words  STAYING  ACTIVE.  I'm not sure I could be any more active than what I am now.......Up with the roosters somewhere between 5:30 and 6:00 and then to bed between 11:00 and 11:30 at night.  But.....it seems I must not be JUMPIN' enough.........Mr. Arth-R came by visiting me this morning....
He decided my tall man finger on the right hand needed a little extra attention.  It hurts like CRAZY..

Believe me, I am totally active, but just not in the right kind of way.  Perhaps I do need to pick up that old jump rope again?????
Perhaps I do need to start singing those old songs again....
Did I mention that the article also said something about floor exercises, resistance bands, weights and aerobics? 

Maybe I should skip on over to the next page....that page reads:

"Choose the path that makes you feel good"

Shug Sez....

Hanging out with grandkids......NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL JUMPIN'

1 comment:

  1. Careful with jumping rope....might need to get you a box of depends....each time you jump there will be leakage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

PROM...Do you Remember your Prom?

  How many of you remember your Junior-Senior Proms?   Did you go to Prom with the person you are now married to? What was the theme at your...