Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kid at heart

Today was the first of  many egg hunts we will have this coming weekend at our house.  Trey's first grade class was the first to come and then Carson's class came to hunt.  They could only find the eggs with their name on it.
This made the hunt last a lot longer and the kids had to put a little more effort into hunting.

I like egg hunts!  Never does an Easter pass by that I don't remember hunting eggs as a child.  One particular EGG HUNT stands out to me more than the others.  I think I was probably around eight or nine years old and my brother was about six.  Our neighborhood always had this huge egg hunt for all the kids and it was something we looked for to all year long.  There were prizes for the one that found the most eggs and a prize for the one that found the golden egg.

My brother and I had already decided that if we would combine our eggs close to the end of the egg hunt, we would have a better chance of getting the big prize.  Since I was the oldest, I am pretty sure that it must have been my idea.
Sometime during the egg hunt, that is exactly what we did.  I gave most of my eggs to him and it ended up that he was the big winner.  What we forgot to realize was that their would only be ONE prize and how were we going to split it between the two of us.  Sure enough, there was only one prize.  A big stuffed blue bear!

We ended up having such a huge fuss over the bear, so mother took it away from both of us.  (Of course, she did not know that we cheated)  I guess that when it comes right down to it......It just doesn't pay to Cheat!!!

 I am still at kid at heart and I know that if they would just invite me, I would be out there trying as hard as I could to find the big prize egg this weekend.    I try to make our family hunt special for all the kids (even the grown ones) because I want them to always remember the fun that they had hunting eggs at Pops and Shugs!!!
(Can't wait to blog about the family egg hunt....check it out and see what it is we do)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...