Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lazy, Crazy Me.........

What is it about taking medicine that drives me crazy?........................I don't like taking medicine in the first place and then when you have one Little pill that has to be taken first thing in the morning and all by itself, that is very annoying. 

THYROID medication:  I know how important it is for me to take this pill in order to keep my body running....When I miss a dose, my body becomes sluggish and unable to accomplish the things I need to get done.  Especially if I miss a few days or even a week of taking it. 
For best results you need to take it as soon as you get up in the morning (by itself).  I guess I have other things on my mind in regards to starting the day and taking medicine is not high on the chart.

Then there is the all important BLOOD PRESSURE medicine. 
My excuse here is that it comes in a blister card and it requires more time to peel back the label and pop it out.  Would you consider this being lazy or just too difficult? 

After a few months now of not having the ENERGY that I need to keep this family going, I have decided to make an effort to do better about taking my medicine.....ESPECIALLY THE THYROID!  Yes Friends, you heard me right...I am going to become more organized!   I broke down and bought one of those pill boxes...You know, the kind were I can effortlessly open the Monday section and take what I need for that day..  Then the following day I can take Tuesday's, and then Wednesday's and so on.......Now I really feel old!!

I know that this is going to make a dramatic difference in the way I feel.  I am even going to start a vitamin pack.  I am guessing that by the time "Relay For Life" gets here, I will be able to walk a mile!!!  No, seriously I am hoping to have the energy to walk several miles.  I could possibly be the new Forest Gump!!

I do know that it is very important to take care of myself and right now, starting today I am going to do just that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...