Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Step by Step

From time to time we are all ask to do something that makes us uncomfortable.  Recently this happened to me and not only was it out of my comfort zone, but I felt inadequate to do the job.
Our Pastor ask me to organize a blood drive for our church.  I agreed, but immediately felt myself saying no, I don't want to do this.
 I felt the Lord impressing upon my heart that all I needed to do was obey and He would do the rest. 
Our family has experienced first hand the desperate need for people to give blood.  The gift of blood can save a life!  I prayed OK Lord if this is what your are asking me to do then help me, give me the abilities I need to work and make this endeavor a success.
It is amazing how awesome our God is!  The blood drive was successful and when I stop to think about it, this was such a simple task that needed to be done.  I trusted God and He directed me step by step.  Thank you Lord!
I would like to thank those that gave that day, and also would like to encourage all of you to make an effort to give blood for someone today!  We never know when one of our loved ones could be the one in need......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...