Monday, February 22, 2010

Heavy Heart

We left early this morning to take Tucker to Children's in Dallas for his check-up.  It is a long drive, but I am so thankful that we live as close as we do.  It could be much worse...

We are so very Blessed that Tucker is finished with treatment and now just has 2 years of his monthly check-ups to go.  After that it will be once a year...... Each time that we take him for his check-up and I walk into that waiting room filled with sick children, my heart grows heavy.  I  see kids with all different types of cancer, not just leukemia.     

I see children that are so weak and frail but yet they have to be there to receive another chemo treatment.  Children that need blood or platlets so they can function without being so sick.  These kids are not complaining.....They are too sick to complain.  They are even too sick to worry about others seeing them without any hair. 

I am reminded each time we go that I... have no complaints...
A cold that keeps me awake at night or a aching joint or two is nothing in comparison to what these little ones go through. 
My heart is heavy after each visit but that is ok with me....
I consider it a priviledge to be able to hold each one of them in my heart and to be able to pray for their healing.....

Thank you Lord for the compassion of those that give in order to find a cure for cancer....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...