Friday, January 29, 2010

Skunk Hunting!

As you might remember, I was possum hunting for something to cook, but who could imagine that I would come across a SKUNK.  It was right in my front yard....Can you believe such a thing in "The City With A Heart", downtown I might add.
In my pajamas, Mylee and I took out the door and I guess we thought if we just yelled at the thing, it would go away.  That crazy skunk was going everywhere.  Little did we know that action was fixing to take place.  Before I knew it, our unpredictable neighbor and his wife had joined in the chase.  It's not at all normal to be toting a weapon in our city limits.  By this time the skunk had gone into a culvert and all those passing by were wandering what in the world was going on.  A man with a gun, two women, a baby, and the preacher of all people.  We were running and pointing.  Needless to say we had attracted many on-lookers.  Shots were fired but the skunk did not come out.  Finally, and after our crowd had grown, the skunk came out running for it's life.  Another shot fired, but the skunk escaped again.  Then, here it came out and ran into another neighbor's flower bed.  Shots fired again, and that skunk was history.  Poor neighbors, can you imagine the smell it left behind! 
We were all safe from what I thought was a white skunk with a black stripe.  I was assured it was the normal black skunk with a white stripe.  I guess the excitement had taken over my eyesight.
Would you believe they hauled that thing off before I had the chance to substitue it for the possum in my stew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...