Thursday, June 27, 2024

Let's Brighten Up

 Let's Brighten Up the Place!


So....I have been wanting to make a few changes in our living room!  I took a bold step and selected a really bright color.  I wasn't sure if this was going to be a look that I really liked, but...it turned out great, and very comfortable feeling.



The yellow/gold is actually much prettier than what this picture is showing.  

I was very tired of all the "you know" popular, white clean look. No window coverings on the back side of our home....of course, no one could see in so it didn't really matter if they were private or not.  

I just think from time to time, we need to make changes and being able to brighten up the room makes it feel more welcoming and lively.  


As you can see....the mirror reflects light coming from the outside and this enhances the colors in the new curtains I selected.  


This table may have a temporary home....I'm just not sure.  That particular set of French doors goes out to the pool.  This next month, our grandson and his family are coming from California for a two week visit.  Since they have two children, one is 4 and the other is 9....we decided it might be best to place something in front of the door. (I will move it on over to the middle of the doors just before they get here)
We do have alarms on the doors as well as locks, but any extra precautions can always be a good thing.  



The natural lighting was not working with me on some of these pictures.  


I also added a table and two accent chairs for the checkers game board.  Again...the lightning is terrible as the rug is a gray/blue color and it looks beige. 



I replaced my huge 8 x 10 rug with this smaller rug under the coffee table.  I think it gives more character to the table itself.  


Here....I made some changes to a guest bedroom.  I added some light weight curtains and changed the bedding.  I am so ticked here, because the back wall is NOT blue.  It is the same color as the other wall.  My camera? The light?

I still need to add some wall items in this room and get some new throw pillows.  


This picture gives off a more true color of the curtains. 

Changing up a room can be very beneficial and it definitely is for me.  I am one that enjoys change!
I can just hear my kiddos talking about it when I pass!

Y'all remember how Shug always loved changing her furniture around and changing the entire room?  Remember how we could be at her house in the morning hours, and go back a few hours later and the entire room would be changed. 
 
This ↑↑↑ is what they will be talking about.  lol.



I just need to add some color to this area and I will be happy!!

Aside from being able to express my creativity and personal style, making changes is fun and fulfilling for me.  


I say....it contributes to my well-being.   
 
Some of you may very well be professional decorators...
This question is for all of you though.
 Do you have focal points in your living room?  What is your key thing in making your living room feel comfortable for you and your family. ??

Shug.  🔑












6 comments:

  1. I like the colors and love the curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a talented decorator. Everything looks good and is put together nicely. I like the bold colors and patterns of your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great decorator! My living room could use some help...brown and wood...it needs some color. I need more red in there! We have two couches and a fireplace...it is cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seasonal color changes in the house as well. WOW, you really hit it out of the ball park!!! I would have been scared to go this bold, but it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The curtains and the yellow things. Your home should be in House Beautiful. You are so talented at decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so charming, Shug. You did a great job decorating the rooms. I love those curtains you chose and the bold colors. And I like the blue rug. The checkers table is delightful too. It all looks very nice. You're right, decorating can be so fun, especially when we add some whimsical pieces to the room.

    *to answer your question, the focal point in my living room is the big table where the tv sits and some pics of the kids. I've always thought framed pictures of loved ones adds a special touch to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps.....I was never into the all white look. It seemed like just a fad to me, and never really liked the distressed furniture either. I love the traditional dark furniture that you have in your home. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Traveling:   Summer time is when most families take those much needed vacations. Starting the first week in June until the middle of August ...