Sunday, January 27, 2013

What You Can Do With Your Mind

Have you ever had what seems to be an endless supply of bad news?

Needless to say, a lot of bad news can certainly cause an optimistic attitude to quickly turn SOUR.

Your mind may tell you to give up and you might just find that your thought process is trying to steal your Hope.   You may also be setting yourself up to reinforce a negative deception of what life has to offer.

Pain sets in, worry takes over, sleepless nights come on the scene and before long you might feel that your stomach is tied up in knots.      OH NO.......You are now a slave to negativity!........

Our perception about life, about bad news, is determined by what we choose to focus on.  Did you know that WE have control of what the picture looks like, just by how we think.

Tyler Texas is known as "The Rose Capital of the World" and the great thing is, our home is only about ten miles from the beautiful gardens.     Why do I mention this?    Because I want to use the rose garden as an example to flash back to my point, that our minds can set us up for  negative deception.

When we walk through a Rose Garden, we inevitably will find a few withered rose petals and possibly a few leaves that have already turned brown and fallen to the ground.   We may even find a weed or two that has climbed amongst the stems of several bushes.

If our focus is strictly centered in on those particular points in view, then we may find that the rose garden has become a less than desirable place to visit.  HOWEVER...... If we place our focus on the entire garden, then we begin to see rows and rows of multi-colored flowers that have been designed, by God,  to bring contentment and pleasure to our hearts.  We are for real, right there in the midst of the sweetest garden ever!  

By placing our focus on what is good, we are able to enjoy moving forward and taking each step slow and easy.   See, we have just taken control of any negative thoughts.

I plan on stepping into this next with lots of optimism!   SURE HOPE YOU ALL WILL JOIN ME!

Lots of hugs.....
Shug





7 comments:

  1. I have been missing your inspirational words lately. I love this post. It is so easy to focus on the negative when bad things happen, but even through challenges, there is still much to be thankful to God for. I continue to pray for your sweet family. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been in my prayers and will continue to be. I want to walk in that rose garden and see ALL the beauty God has created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, Shug... My prayers are with you. Life can be so very hard... But--as you said, it's all about the choices we make as to what we're going to do about it... Keeping a positive attitude and thanking God for all of the blessings in our life is so important--especially during the hard time...

    Prayers and HUGS,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2012 was a horrible year for our family, so I know full well how depressing it can be to hear one piece of negative news after the other. Wish I had your strong faith. I got through it, but kicking and screaming (most of the time). Still remembering you all in my prayers. Hugs! Oh, and love your analogy of the rose garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you have been going through a hard time now. We have all been there. God knows all about it is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you and your loved ones have had this rough time to get through. I don't know of anyone who goes through life without encountering one at some point. We may never understand why things happen, but we are made more aware of Who is there to lead us through them.
    Keeping you in my prayers,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sometimes hard to remember we choose our reaction to the trials of life, but it is often in those struggles that God builds a masterpiece. Keep the faith Shug!! Praise God in the storm and I'll be praying your family holds on to the faith in the One who gives peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...