Saturday, December 3, 2011

Junk Galore...

Happy December 3rd Y'all....   Can you believe that it is already December?  2012 is just around the corner!!

Many of my readers have ask about "First Monday."

First Monday is located in Canton, Texas.  Canton is about 30 miles from our sweet little town of Chandler....

It is a GIGANTIC trade market, flee market, craft market, and antique market, all rolled into one.......No kidding, it covers about
160  acres of territory.  A huge portion of the vendors are in pavilions, and the rest are just scattered out on the grounds....

If you are looking for something, I can almost guarantee that you will find it at First Monday....

It is held on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday just prior to the First Monday of each month....for example, this coming Monday will be the 5th, so this weekend is the trades Day weekend...


A portion of the grounds......


Just Outside a pavilion....



Old Coke Box....



this poinsettia caught my eye while I was
sitting on a bench.


Poinsettias and Pumpkins.....



My Kind of junk.....

* * *

It was a great day!  Shanda, Mylee and I enjoyed about 6 hours of walking all over this place, looking for all kinds of things...

My purchases???   Stocking stuff....a new bed for Bella (our dog).....a scarf.....and food.....

I did find.....a cabinet that will go great in my kitchen...Hope to get it soon!!

We had a great time and enjoyed seeing all the beautiful Christmas decorations...

Two days left for First Monday shopping, this month....Who knows, I just may have to make another trip this weekend....

hugs,

   shug....



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have so much fun at this place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pics since I'll likely never get to go. Looks like a bargain hunters paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have gone with you!! Right up my street! Have a great weekend! Lots of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go here! Sounds like such fun. I adore creative junk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could go!!! I LOVE this cabinet and the metal animals underneath it!!! I would come home broke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I lived down near Houston (for 12 yrs), people would drive to Canton every month to shop at that place. ME? Never!!!!! (Remember--I'm not a shopper, especially a 'junk' place... BUT--I do know that you can get good buys there.)

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good place to get into some real "trouble."

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots and lots of folks go to Canton from our area (we're about 4-5 hours away) and I've been once about 10 years ago. I would love to come back and need to work up a "girls weekend" and pile up and come. Think I'll do that this next spring.

    Love your finds! As you said, if you want it, it can probably be found at Canton. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds wonderful, but it would be a bit of a commute for me!lol! Glad you found some treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me go to your header picture and tell you A W E S O M E ! Just love it.

    Looks like you had a very nice time - I love places like that myself.

    Is that the Shanda that has a blog?

    Anyway your pictures are lovely.

    Sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...