Monday, March 22, 2010

Water Woes

Everywhere I go, I see people with bottles of water.  All different kinds of water.  I even see them drinking water from these new thermos style containers.  They are cute and I can understand why you would want to tote one around all the time.  But:  I have some type of peculiar actions going on when I drink H2O.

It looks good and the taste of water can be very refreshing if you are really thirsty.  I know that it is recommended that we drink 8 glasses a day to keep us hydrated plus we reap great benefits for the organs in our body...  Plain and simple, it is healthy for us!

I must be weird in some way because I can drink a glass of water and in just a short time I am sick at my stomach...Sounds strange I know, but that feeling makes me miserable.  I know it is great for your skin and in general a person feels better when they ARE
hydrated.  It was once recommended that I put lemon in my glass of water to see if that would help...NO, it did not help...I still had a nauseous feeling...I have tried the flavored waters and I can not drink those either. 

Is this all in my head?  Why would it be?  Is it because my mind thinks a coke would be much better for me?  No, I really don't think so...I actually checked into this and what I have learned is that people REALLY can get sick drinking water.  Some people have an acidic condition and it is advised that you drink your water very slowly or take a pinch of sea salt along with your sips.  This will help neutrilize stomach acids that can cause the nausea. 

I am going to give this a try and hopefully I too can soon purchase me one of those cute little water containers.  Will let you know if this works..

1 comment:

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...