Late yesterday evening, I took Sam for a ride down to the farm. I am certainly not good at driving across the fields, but I did my best. I might have missed a FEW holes and the rest of the time, we were bouncing around.
The first stop was to the lake where the alligator reigns.
We waited a good 15 to 20 minutes before spotting him. He has definitely grown in size.
The gator was swimming towards the bank, so for me this was a sign that it was time to leave. Even though we were in the truck the entire time. Safe...but what if it were to bite the tires...I certainly wasn't walking out of there.
Here comes the funny part. Sam's truck has Reverse Brake Assist. There were plenty of tall weeds, so every five to ten feet the brakes would automatically stop the truck (due to the weeds). I was trying to back.... up the hill.... away from the lake and this truck was making me look like I was a first time driver. Move, STOP, Move, STOP!!!
Believe me....it was a bit hilarious!!! 😅
I drove on down to the back side of the farm where the BIG lake is. First thing we saw were these American White Pelicans. They were floating along, looking for fish.
Sam got out and walked a short distance to the waters edge....I think he was taking in all of the beauty around him...maybe talking to the Lord.
He took a few photos of things that interested him.
Deer Tracks
My most favorite part of our evening trip was watching Sam enjoy the beauty and the stillness around him. What a Blessed evening it was...
Shug....💙





19 comments:
What a beautiful spot! It’s amazing how much life is lived in spots like this. So much wildlife activity that happens when us humans aren’t around.
I'm so glad you were able to get out and enjoy that beauty - and the alligator too. I love the photos of Sam.
It's so nice to visit nature. I'm glad Sam thoroughly enjoyed everything around him. It's always so special when we see a white feather in our midst. And I love all the things he took pictures of that interested him. That alligator is quite scary. The white pelicans are so pretty. That is such a special picture you took of Sam looking onto the water. Have a blessed September week, Shug.
**I mentioned your sweet gift on my post today. Thank you, again.
Oh Shug, I absolutely love the photo of Sam. He is breathing in the very breath of the Lord. So good for his soul and body.
Too funny about the truck and its antics. Glad you could drive out to such a lovely spot.
(((hugs)))
Sue
What a beautiful trip. The greens are so pretty. I did not know what Backup Assist is, so looked it up. It is a cool feature! And of course it would keep stopping when you are trying to put distance between yourself and an alligator!! Sam has such a good eye for photos! I have never heard of a Button Bush. The raccoon tracks are cute!
Oh Shug, I loved this post.
Do you know, I think alligators are fascinating. I loved watching them when we visited Florida. :-)
I love the photo of Sam.
Praying for you all.
xo
What a nice day you had together!
Definitely a blessed time for the both of you, Shug. So glad you were able to get out of the weeds, literally, with Sam's truck, too. That gator was just a bit too close for comfort. I love your photos and the ones Sam took, too. Blessings!
What a blessing to have this sanctuary of your very own! Just thinking of that gator gives me the 'willies', but the rest makes him/her pale in comparison. Isn't there something magical about watching the water captivate and caress our hearts and minds.
A lovely spot and a good way to relax and just breathe. I bet that was funny trying to back out of there. These newer vehicles sure do have some crazy stuff on them now.
What a precious post, I laughed, tears came to my eyes and the beauty of your drive and the beauty of your dear Sam. How precious every day is. Love and Hugs.
It sounds like both you and Sam got what you needed out of the drive.
I kind of felt happy and sad.
Your farm is GORGEOUS! You are blessed to have it. The alligator would scare me to death. Very interesting all the things Sam saw. I am so glad you took this time to be together.
I'm so glad you could take him there. Still praying for you both. ❤️
That sounded like a wonderful afternoon, Shug. I hope you and Sam have a good rest of this new week. May the Lord bless both of you, and may be give extra blessings to Sam and let him feel SOOOOO much better. Susan
You made me laugh out loud when reading about your backing up experience in Sam's truck! It was just what I needed because I could easily see the whole thing taking place in my mind. I do have a great imagination. ~wink~
What a precious picture you captured of Sam at the water's edge. Hold on to that picture when things are hard. Sending hugs, love, and prayers. xx
What a great ride. I am sure the bouncing about only added to the fun.
Wow! How cool to see the alligator and the great escape, backing up with hill sounds so funny. Fab photos!
What a beautiful place to relax and leave the world behind
You're so funny writing about driving in the field and what if the alligator bit the tires. I don't blame you for backing out of there. :) So glad you and Sam had such a wonderful drive and there was so much to appreciate and enjoy.
Post a Comment