Good Tuesday Afternoon y'all.. First day of Fall and I can sure say that it felt nice outside this morning.. ππ
I actually took Sam to the dentist this morning. We use different dentist but I always enjoy going with him to his dentist appointments.
Dr. Allen is very talented...not only at being a dentist , but in her arts and crafts that she so enjoys.
Guess what y'all. I have on white pants today and white tennis shoes...along with a sage and green top. The calendar says fall but my wardrobe is on the summer schedule. When the temps are still in the upper 90's, then I say "Why Not?"
I don't think it really matters any longer. Just wear what you want!!
Do you remember when people dressed up? Like moms wore dresses during the day and maybe an apron. Now days, it's PJ's all day long. (Not me)...
My pet peeve is seeing people out and about (especially the grocery store) in their PJ's. I dare not think about it!!
Anyways....this is all I have for today other than the fact that we did stop and eat at Cracker Barrel. We always get the breakfast foods and you just can't hardly go wrong with a hearty meal of eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon and grits.... YUM!!
Y'all have a good one today!!
Shug...


19 comments:
Happy Fall Beautiful! ππ§‘ Wow - Sam does have a very multi-talented dentist. How cool is that! And I agree - wear what you want....except I don't like the pj's out either. I still love to dress up and often do for church and hospice work. Wishing you blessings on your week. xoxo
Oh there was a time ( when I was growing up) that you did not dare wear white after Labor Day weekend.White was for summer only. Funny how things have changed ( for the better I think) Our weather changed drastically from last week to this and the first day of fall is rainy and a chilly 58! Happy Fall
Such cute wreaths and earrings. I must say that I am glad that you can wear white after Labor Day as I don't think white is just for summer.
I'm wearing white capris today, too.
I do not wear PJ's all day. I'm really sick if you find me in my jammies during the day.
I like to wear regular dresses. I get sick wearing the same stuff. Happy Fall.
The dentist is talented!
That whole wearing white only in summer is a crazy rule. Who thought that up?
Cracker Barrel Breakfast is always a hit!
What a multi-talented dentist! The one I liked in Florida didn't craft, but she kept a big collection of teddy bears -- requesting that each of her patients, no matter our age, pick one to hold while he/she worked. Isn't that a sweet idea!
No pj's in public for me, either!
Hi Dear Friend,
I am with you, NO PJ's while going out and about. I think the lazy dress code has actually hurt our society in a way. I feel it makes people care less and less about self.
Anyway.. my two cents. Ha!
Hope you have a blessed evening my dear Shug.
Carla
That is great that the dentist sells some of her earrings and crafts that she makes. I've never seen that before. Her earrings are really nice, and dangling earrings are my favorite. Good for you for wearing your white pants in September. Oh, I know what you mean about people wearing their pj's at the store. I don't see that too often, even up here in the mountains. Although one time, I did see a lady with her small child wearing pj's, and I thought it was a sweet sight, as I remember those baby days. I hope Sam's dental appt. went well. I still have to make one soon, ugh. Have a terrific week, Shug.
Happy Fall!
In honor of cooler weather I put away the sleeveless tops and white sandals. Got out some 3/4 length shirts for when it gets even cooler. The rest of the fall and winter stuff can wait.
The earrings are beautiful! Have you ever bought any? I think many of them look so "Shug"! So many of the customers at Wal-Mart wear P.J.'s! I don't like it either. But lately it seems there is a thin line between P.J.'s, loungewear, and logging suits!
I enjoy Cracker Barrel myself. I was just telling Kelly today about white shoes and white pants - I don't think that it matters much anymore!
Happy Fall!
Love the earrings Sam's dentist makes. She's very talented. I also hate it when people go out in the pj's It just seems so lazy to me. I do remember a day when people would get dressed up to leave the house. You never went out without looking presentable.
Love Cracker Barrel. My daughter and I always seem to end up there when we go out to lunch.
How nice that the dentist has such other creative talents in addition to taking care of teeth! It's nice to think of the dentist as a real human! LOL. As far as wearing white goes...I don't wear it anytime, spring, summer or ever. It's just not one of my colors...I am fair complected and it just makes me look so washed out. And I have large feet, so white shoes are a no-no too! LOL. And yes, PJ's outside of the home are a no-no. I do like to be comfortable at home, but I don't wear PJ's at home unless I am sick. Although in the wintertime I wear a lot of flannel. I also love Cracker Barrel, but the nearest one is an hour away, so the only time we ever go there is if we happen to have a Dr. visit in that area and the timing is right to go there afterwards. It's probably for the best that they are that far away! I do love to shop in there! LOL. I hope the fall weather reaches you soon...we are expecting some cooler temps this weekend, which will be nice for a change, but I think it will be going back up again the next week, which is typical for us in Florida. We like to pretend it's fall anyway! LOL. Have a lovely rest of your week.
What? Going to the shops in PJs? Whatever next? Nightdress?
God bless.
Sam's dentist really is talented! The earrings are very pretty and the wreath too.
Oh yes, wear whatever you want! The only time I stay in my PJs is on a weekend if I am staying home and having a lazy day. It happens here too, people out at the local shop in their PJs. I just couldn't!
It was a tad cooler here today and at least not quite as humid as it has been. I will take that as a win.
I am still in summer duds also, though I have packed away some clothes I will not wear again until spring.
I still wear light weight cotton dresses when I am going out and about in the summer because they are cooler than even wearing shorts
Sam's dentist truly is talented, Shug. The earrings are so lovely! We're finally cooling off here in Georgia beginning today. Feels great!
I do love a good and hearty breakfast any time of the day. Love breakfast for dinner especially.
Yesterday the temps only got up to 80F. but today it's suppose to go to 90F again.
This is such a fickle time of year weather-wise.
Wow that dentist is so creative ... she takes care of the teeth and makes one's ears pretty too.
I do remember going into "The City" San Francisco and it was always dresses that made me feel it was a special adventure. I remember in High School that when we girls in the band were going anywhere representing the band (traveling to competitions, parades etc.) No pants allowed. Our band director said it made us act more proper. I do think it did too.
Wow, that was down a very ancient Rabbit Hole ... (:0)
Sue
Post a Comment