Sunday, August 9, 2026

Living in the Moment

Early Yesterday morning, the girls (Trista and Shanda) and I, went into town early...We got there about 9:30.  First stop was "Hobby Lobby"..(yes, I seem to go there a whole lot) ...We have Tori's wedding coming up in November, so stopping at HL is a regular stop since we are doing much of the wedding ourselves...

We also stopped at "Home Goods" and I was so happy to find a new cup to add to my collection.  



Our third stop was "Longhorn Steakhouse!"
Mylee Jo joined us at this point and we enjoyed a very nice lunch together...  There was only one issue. The restaurant ran out of baked potatoes and this was at 11:45 in the morning.  🤷‍♀️

______________





 Do you see what I see?  Y'all... rain came out of nowhere yesterday evening!  Much needed rain for our area.  I was so busy Thanking God for this refreshing rain, that I almost forgot where we had planned to go next....  

Sam and I went into town to grab a bite to eat and while enjoying our meal, the sky opened up and down fell the most beautiful raindrops.  We ended up having to stay in the restaurant about 20 minutes after we finished our meal to keep from getting drenched.  We certainly would have not thought we would have needed an umbrella when we first went in.  Coming out though... IT WAS POURING RAIN!! ☔️💧⛈️. 


When I looked back to review my day last evening, I found that it was day of  Living in the moment for me.... and it was good...  


Great Big Hugs to each of you..

Shug....



28 comments:

  1. I think, living in the moment is a good thing, smiles. Wishing you a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Linda..... they little moments can be very nice..

      Delete
  2. It was a good day of living in the moment! I like the new mug. How crazy that they ran out of potatoes that early...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to drink some cider from this cute mug...

      Delete
  3. I love the coffee mug you found, Shug, and so happy that y'all got some much needed rain. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is so good especially when you need it so bad and it is unexpected..

      Delete
  4. Yay for the much needed rain! You got a good shotbof it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My flowers were standing tall this morning....thankful for the rain.

      Delete
  5. That was early to run out of potatoes. Perhaps they had found that people weren't ordering them so much.
    It must have been wonderful to have substantial rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the rain was so super nice... I'm thinking they were not done in time for the lunch rush..

      Delete
  6. Hmmm, that's weird to run out of baked potatoes when the restaurant has only been open for a short while. Me thinks either the order of potatoes hadn't been delivered or someone forgot to bake those Spuds ...
    Glad you had such a nice time though and had the blessings of beautiful Rain.
    Hugs and enjoy your Sunday.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so surprised that they didn't have enough potatoes. Mylee and Trista changed to mashed pot. Shan got the baked pot. and I had a sweet pot...

      Delete
  7. There is nothing like a rain when one needs it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Jenn...I was so very thankful..

      Delete
  8. we have been blessed with rain for 2 weeks now. none the last two days, but its coming again on wed. or so they say

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy a trip to hobby lobby. I like the mug you found. That was awful early in the day to run out of baked potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need to practice living in the moment more. My granddaughter and I were out Friday evening and all of a sudden, it began to rain fairly hard. Seemed odd and she has storm anxiety, so the drive home was not a pleasant one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mug. Home Goods has the best mugs at really good prices. I was just there yesterday with our granddaughter buying supplies for her college dorm. They have everything! So many teenagers and their Moms! Wonderful news about the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE Hobby Lobby! It's my happy place. : ) Your new cup from Home Goods is very nice, and the words are special. You got some rain! That must have been nice while having such warm weather lately. Sometimes the greatest surprises happen when we are "living in the moment." A hug back at ya, Shug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That coffee mug is so neat! I love that you girls are like your own posse (heh-heh). When will Mylee leave for college?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also love the mug! That's a good reminder to see while drinking your tea (or coffee). Love that you had a day out with the girls. You are blessed to be surrounded by your sweet family. Maybe the restaurant wasn't expecting a rush on the baked potatoes so early in the day. Poor management on someone's part. Oh, I love the unexpected rain showers. We had one of those last week when we went to Walmart. Right after we got inside the store we could hear it pounding on their metal roof. It was SO loud you could hardly hear people talking. Thankfully we took in our umbrellas, but we stayed and shopped long enough that the rain was over by the time we were ready to leave. That was just fine with me with a buggy full of groceries to load in the car! LOL. I enjoyed your happy post today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big hugs and much love back! I'm glad you had such a great day. Topped off by the rain. 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your new mug, Shug. I actually have that same verse hanging in our living room.

    And I am so happy to hear that you received the much-needed rain for your area. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the "Grow in Faith" cup. Really stylish.

    You got rain? What does it look like?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like a good shopping trip and that mug is gorgeous! Send some of that rain this way, we desperately need some.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How amazing to have rain! Blessing from above. If you have some to spare...
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Alaska or Bust:

  Alaska or Bust… Apparently We’re Still in Texas! 😂 I may have found one of the most entertaining gifts I’ve ever given Sam—and the best p...