ππΈ Happy National Pink Day! πΈπ
June 23 is the perfect day to celebrate all things pink! Seriously...who knew there was a PINK day? Not me!! I just happened to read about it on instagram.
Did you have a Pink Barbie?
For many of us, pink brings back memories. A favorite Barbie doll. A pink bedroom. A bottle of pink nail polish. Maybe even dreams of cruising around in one of those famous pink Mary Kay cars! I've seen plenty of these but never been the owner!! LOl
Pink is playful. Pink is cheerful. Pink says it’s okay to have a little fun and not take life too seriously. It’s friendship cards that say, “I’m tickled pink that you’re my friend.” It’s bright flowers blooming in the sunshine. It’s laughter, joy, and a little bit of whimsy all rolled into one beautiful color.
So today, chew the bubble gum, admire the flamingos, enjoy the cotton candy, paint your nails pink, wear your favorite pink shirt, and celebrate the color that reminds us to add a little sweetness to life.
π Think Pink.
π Dream Pink.
π Live Pink.
What’s the first pink thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word “pink”?
Happy National Pink Day! πΈπ
Shug.....

What a fun post. PINK DAY? Who knew? Thanks for letting us know. :) I enjoyed reading all of the different pinks. Some of them did bring back some memories. But would you believe I never did own a Barbie...pink or otherwise? It's true. She was "invented" in 1959, and I would have been 10 years old, but I guess I was too busy on the farm and helping where I could to be bothered with dolls.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that I haven't been reading here much. I haven't really had time to spend at the computer. Life should not be this busy and yet as I sit here and type that I am reminded that I am the one who sets the schedule. It's all good things...just a lot of things in succession. Anyway, I was glad to see that things are going smooth right now for you guys. May it continue to be so. Sending love and prayers. xx
Same here....I never had a barbie doll and really wasn't much into playing with dolls anyways. I totally understand. On the days that I take Sam to the doctor, I am usually beat by the time we get home and I barely have enough time to write a post. I feel bad about being absent from reading others post, but somedays are just full...
DeleteShug ... I am so happy to read that today is a "Smooth" day. Praying all of the tests will be satisfactory.
ReplyDeletePink ... What do I think of ? A sweet baby's soft and deliciously smelling skin !
Never had a Barbie. I graduated high school in 1961. Always loved my dolls but by that age I was moving on to other things.
Bubble Gum and cotton candy are great examples of Pink... Loved them both.
Redheads weren't suppose to wear pink in my era, so I never had a pink anything.
When I "Grew Up" I got so bold and bought a pink blouse! I loved it ! The heck with the out of fashion Rules.
(:0)
Sue
oh how sweet a baby's skin does smell... I. never had a barbie either...I had a friend and I'm guessing her parents or grandparents had plenty of money...she had several barbies...this is the only time I played with them. I rarely wear pink...I tend to lean more towards apricot colors..
DeleteOh, I love the color Pink, and that flamingo is wonderful. What a fantastic Pink post today. I did love Barbie's, but didn't have a Pink Barbie, but I'm betting my grandgirls have one or two. I really like to see Pink polished nails too, that's neat. And I could never resist that Pink bubble gum. Not a lot of Pink in my home decor, but I do love to wear this color every now and then. Pink is just one of the happiest colors. Thanks for this lovely post, Shug.
ReplyDeleteI have nothing pink in our home. I'm not a huge fan of pink and it seems the only pink that I really do like is pink cupcakes, pink gum, pink drinks...etc.. lol
DeleteHi!!
ReplyDeletePink is my second favorite color. :-)
I did have a pink Barbie, Pretty in Pink she was called. I still have her. :-)
Superior is not all that far from me. It is a beautiful city. Duluth, MN is next door, it is also a beautiful city. Your SIL will enjoy his three months of summer in Wisconsin.
xo
Carla
I can't wait for him to send us photos of the area... I have never been to that part of the country,.
DeleteI cannot say that pink is one of my favorite colors. (Seems like you really like it. Or you don't.) The first thing that comes to mind though...are the sweetest baby girl clothes I bought and received when expecting for the first time. I loved that baby clothes were either pink or blue. It was so special. I'm not much of a saver but I do have few of her sweetest things:)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteOld ladies wear pink and purple:) Neither my fav color!
ReplyDeleteMy mother-in-law loved pink and purple. I too am not a fan of either...
DeleteMy favorite gym t-shirt is bright pink, and I have a bracelet-sleeved pink tee that I get a lot of compliments on. Also, I got a new nightgown today that's got a lot of pink in it. Sadly, it needs to be washed before I can wear it to bed, or I would definitely celebrate Pink Day.
ReplyDeleteI always wash my clothes before wearing them. Pink looks good on some people...I'm not one of them..
DeleteAs a kid I never wore pink, had pink in my room , or even wore pink lipstick. As a much older gal, I bought 3 pink shirts for the summer (My mom is probably rolling over in her grave because she is the one who made me wear blue while my sister wore pink)
ReplyDeleteI never remember wearing pink either. It's not a color that I normally choose for my clothes or my jewelry...I have one granddaughter who loves pink a one who doesn't want anything pink... I guess you either like it or you don't.
DeleteI do like the Pink Panther. And pink flamingos. Do you know why they stand on one leg? Because if they didn't they'd fall over.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I have never known a single little girl whose favorite color was not pink! I love it. You did great with your photos, especially the flamingoes. I never had a pink Barbie, only now see there is one!
ReplyDeleteTo think I've missed Pink Day all these years! That was my favorite color growing up, and I did have a pink bedroom. In my closet you'll find some pink clothing, and (according to Color Me Beautiful from the 1990s), it's a color I can wear. I agree, it IS a happy color! (So are aqua, pale yellow, and red-, in my opinion!)
ReplyDeleteI do like pink and it was the color in my wedding, many years ago! I had plenty of pink Barbies and loved them :)
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo glad I read all the way through -- and realized I'm not the only one "not crazy" about pink. That mention of bubble gum, however, make me smile big. I should go buy one or two just to see if it tastes as good as used to believe.
ReplyDeletePS - Thank you for this update on Sam!
I had no idea it was pink day. I do have a couple pink tops I could have worn one today. When I was growing up I had a pink bedroom
ReplyDeleteI like the little pink pads on the bottom of my cat's feet. So precious.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the update on Sam.
What do I think of? Andy's pink Jeep. It's not the color he would have chosen, but it's what they had, and it warms a lot of hearts to see him drive it.
ReplyDeleteI loved this - I love pink. Do you remember a blog that did pink Saturdays? I loved it.
ReplyDeleteI think it is a happy color - a gentle color. I had to look up what encephalopathy was. I am sorry. But it does feel like a calmer time. Thanks for the update. I did not have the pink Barbie - but she was pretty. Have a pink evening!
The color pink always makes me think of that first blush on a rose or the innocence of a young girl's heart. I do love to wear that color when I can as I do feel it brightens me and lifts the spirits of others with its sweet pastel shade. I never played with Barbies or wanted to be treated like a doll, but somehow, the color pink makes me feel both feminine and powerful. Blessings, Shug!
ReplyDeleteLove that image of the Pink Panther.
ReplyDeleteHappy National Pink Day to you as well. I had never heard of it before.
Pink is certainty my color, lol. I love pink, smiles. Wishing you a lovely day, smiles.
ReplyDeletelol no Pink Panther or doll. I bought fabric this summer with pink and it's super pretty. I like pink and orange together. Fun stuff. Wishing you a fun Summer! Pink or no.
ReplyDeleteI love the colour pink and yes, it's not just a colour, it's a feeling too! I loved the Pink Panther and had a pink Barbie. My hair is pink a the moment. hehehe
ReplyDeleteSweet post! I prefer purple, or blue, or lilac! My garden has all these colours!
ReplyDelete