I’m thankful for the sunshine that warms my face, lazy afternoons with nowhere to be, and beach days that leave sand between my toes. I’m grateful for sweet treats that melt too fast, fresh watermelon straight from the fridge (with a little salt), and a tall glass of ice-cold lemonade on a hot day.
Summer gives us beautiful sunsets, blooming flowers, barefoot walks, flip-flops, family cookouts, and laughter that lingers long after the fireflies come out. It’s a season for making memories, taking adventures, slowing down, reading a good book, and spending time with the people who make life sweeter.
Sometimes we get so busy looking ahead that we forget to appreciate the little moments happening right now. Today, I’m choosing gratitude for this beautiful season and all the joy it brings.
What are YOU most thankful for this summer? π»ππ¦π
Shug......

Wonderful thing to be thankful for. Wishing you a fun summer too!
ReplyDeleteAs we inch toward the 4th of July, I'm thankful for this great nation we live in. While it may not be perfect, it's still the greatest place to live. I'm so thankful to my ancestors who braved the elements, wars and conflict just to call this country their home.
ReplyDeleteWhat a little doll!
ReplyDeleteNow I need to go sit with eyes closed a few moments -- reflecting on God's gifts.
I agree that a question like "what are you most thankful for" needs some meditation!
DeleteYes, I agree to all of your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteGrateful for the temperature not being so hot today and that our AC continues to keep us cool.
Grateful for answered prayers and so thankful we have a Big God who listens and blesses us.
Sue
I'm thankful for so many of these summertime things too, Shug. Haven't had watermelon yet, thanks for the reminder. Love that picture of your granddaughter wearing a bright pretty bathing suit with a dripping ice cream cone. Your "thankful" words at the end are just so special too. I so appreciate your Thankful Thursday posts, my dear.
ReplyDeleteYou do make summer sound so wonderful!! I am the most thankful for the LIGHT that summer brings!! No more darkness in late afternoon!
ReplyDeleteYes, taking delight in little things. ππ❤️
ReplyDeleteI make a purposeful effort each day to take joy in the moment. Your great-granddaughter is such a cutie! I know she gives you so much joy, Shug.
ReplyDeleteHaha you make summer sound so wonderful. Well, I am glad for air conditioning. I am glad that my daughter gets the summer off. That we have a neighborhood pool!
ReplyDeleteWhat am I most thankful for this summer? #1 my relationship with God (that He initiated); #2 my dear handsome husband; and #3 AIR CONDITIONING!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have such a gift of painting the prettiest pictures in my mind. Love all of those sweet simple moments of this season. I believe gratitude is always the key to happiness as well. And I have a grateful heart for you dear Shug! Blessings xo
ReplyDeleteFresh watermelon straight from the fridge and a tall glass of ice-cold lemonade on a hot day sound wonderful. I have never tried adding salt to watermelon. Does it make it taste sweeter? Guess I'll have to try it to find out.
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this, Shug. You captured summer perfectly — the sunshine, the treats, the slow days, and all the simple joys we sometimes overlook. Your great‑granddaughter is just darling. Thank you for the reminder to pause and appreciate the season we’re in. I am most grateful for the ease of the season - like you said - to slow down!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful reasons to be thankful and your great granddaughter is adorable!
ReplyDeleteToday I am thankful I can stay inside, it's supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far. Eek!
I'm sure there's plenty I'm thankful for but at the moment the only one that comes to mind is my cup of coffee.
ReplyDeleteYour great granddaughter is a cutie.
Shug, I'm thankful for my family and spending time with my big kids and my littles. I'm thankful for sunny days that feel nostalgic and time to read in the afternoons. All the little things. Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie enjoying some sweet summertime! Thank you for linking up.
ReplyDeleteHi Shug! Oh, I'm thankful for soooo many things at this time of year, and always, actually. I love the gorgeous flowers all over the place, including in the tiny strip of grass in front of my apartment. Thankful for the sound of birds chirping outside my window and of teeny humming birds sipping the sugar water I make for them. Thankful for delicious locally made ice cream, but not too often cuz it's wickedly fattening but unbelievably luscious. Also, I am thankful for YOU and your beautiful blog with the happy and soothing posts. Susan
ReplyDelete