Last night was a little different around here. I completed a home sleep apnea test using one of those watch-style devices that monitors your sleep while you rest in your own bed. It was surprisingly simple to use, and now the waiting game begins. I’ve already mailed the device back to the company, and my doctor should have the results within the next few days.
One thing that made the night especially unusual was that I slept without my oscillating fan! Now, that may not sound like a big deal to some folks, but for me it’s almost unheard of. I’m so accustomed to the gentle hum and steady breeze that it feels like part of my bedtime routine. Yet there I was, sleeping in complete silence so the test could gather the most accurate information possible.
It’s amazing how attached we become to our little comforts and habits. The quiet room felt strange at first, but I eventually drifted off and made it through the entire night. Whether that helped or hurt my sleep remains to be seen, but at least the test is complete.
Now I’m looking forward to hearing what the results reveal. If there are answers hidden in those hours of sleep, perhaps they’ll explain why some mornings feel more refreshing than others. Until then, I’ll be patiently waiting for that phone call from my doctor—and yes, my faithful oscillating fan is back on duty tonight!
Have any of you ever taken a home sleep apnea test? Were you surprised by the results? My daughters said they could definitely testify to the fact that I snore!! (We shared a room on the Ireland trip)
Funny thing.....I have another 3 night trip planned with them the first week in September. Their words:
"MOM....you need to take a sleep study test before our trip or else you are going to have to get your own room for our trip in September!!"
How dare them!! 😂😳🤣🥰
Shug......
I hope the results are helpful.
ReplyDeleteMy husband took a sleep apnoea test, but had to wear a strange contraption of straps. The test didn't reveal much, and he still wakes up several times a night. My son-in-law . does suffer from sleep apnoea and wears a mask at night. Apparently, it makes an awful noise, but is preferable to snoring!
ReplyDeleteThat's not at all what I expected a sleep apnea test would look like. Interesting. Hope they find results that help with your sleep. I don't sleep well at all anymore. I fee like I'm awake more than asleep most nights.
ReplyDeleteToo funny on the snoring. My husband used to always tell me that I snored. Funny thing was he used to wake me up with his snoring all the time.
How wonderful you didn't have to sleep at a sleep center for the test!! Nice...
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is a hoot...
Let us know!
hugs
Donna
Praying for your good health and good test results.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you all.
I am glad the sleep test went well and I hope the results are helpful. I did not expect the sleep test device to look like that, I thought there would be more to it.
ReplyDeleteHappy the test is over and praying for definitive results for you.
ReplyDeleteToo funny about the snoring and maybe having to get your own room haha ..
I really can appreciate that because my hubby used to snore like a freight train.
He lost many pounds and that seemed to "cure" the snores and sleep apnea for him and gratefully for me too.
Sue
I have never seen or heard of this device. It must be brand new! Leave it to Texas! Our sleep test had to be done in a lab with us looking like Frankenstein. Let us know what the doctor says!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hear ya on the daughter's words. It's the same with my left foot that turns inwards a bit when walking, so I can't walk long distances. They just don't like to see their mamas getting older. I hope your apnea test turns out well, Shug, and you get answers and care for all your concerns. You are so on it to have already returned the device back to the company. Things like this are never pleasant, and I'm sending you so much comfort and love right now. Oh, and I have to mention those pink roses on your Header. They made me smile right away. What a pretty blush color.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the test is over, and good luck with the results!
ReplyDeleteI love your daughters' sense of humor! (Ear plugs, anyone?)
ReplyDeleteNo, I've never had that test performed ... looks interesting! My son did, a few years ago -- DIL's comment? "He flunked."
Hope you get some answers!
ReplyDeleteI did, but the devise did not look like that at all. And I do have sleep apnea. If you have heart issues - your probably do too.
ReplyDelete