Friday, June 26, 2026

Find Gracie

 ** Update:  Gracie HAS BEEN FOUND 


If you’ve been on social media lately, you’ve probably seen the newest Texas celebrity… Gracie the Giraffe! 🦒💛



Gracie, a 3-year-old reticulated giraffe, wandered away from Cedar Hollow Ranch in Real County and has been giving Texans quite the adventure ever since. While search crews continue looking for her in the rugged Hill Country, the internet has been busy imagining what she’s been up to.




Apparently, Gracie has:

🦷 Stopped by the dentist for a cleaning.

🚤 Enjoyed a relaxing day on Lake Tyler.

🌊 Floated the Frio River in sunglasses like a true Texan.

🚒 Even signed up for the local volunteer fire department.



At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone spots her ordering brisket, dancing at a country dance hall, or browsing Buc-ee’s for snacks.




One thing Texans are especially good at is finding humor in almost anything, and the Gracie memes have certainly delivered some much-needed laughs. It’s amazing how one adventurous giraffe has managed to bring smiles to people all across the state.

Gracie even stopped by to join us in one of our OLD Classroom photos...



Behind all the funny photos, though, is a real giraffe who is far from home. The Texas Hill Country is a beautiful place, but it’s no place for a giraffe to be wandering alone.


Here’s hoping Gracie is found safe very soon, reunited with the people who care for her, and can finally put an end to her Texas sightseeing tour.


Until then… keep your eyes on the horizon. Around here, you never know what might be sticking up above the cedar trees. 🦒🤠💚


Prayers for Gracie....


Shug.....

25 comments:

  1. This sounds like a tall story to me. Are giraffes real? Do they really exist? I've seen them in our zoo but I believe it is people in a costume. Juts like elephants, and rhinos, and hippos. Nothing is real any more.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are cute- but hope they find him. How hard can it be to find a giraffe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I wonder how one gets a giraffe to be a pet in the first place?
    Keep us updated.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading about Gracie. I sure hope they find her. Giraffes are so beautiful. They were one of my favorite creatures to see in the wild in Kenya.
    Praying for Sam and the meds reactions. Falling is never good. Dave is a Prime example. Internal bruising takes forever to completely heal. So I will keep on keeping on!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Gracie is home again. I'm sure she is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny! Gracie has even been on the news here! I did see that she has been found, but don't know where. I am always praying for both Sam and you. You never complain, but I know how hard it must be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what they are doing with this, have not seen any of this, but Gracie was on our news early this morning. She is real and she if missing and I hope they find her soon. I do pray for you and Sam and a few other bloggers, like you and I in similar situations. Prayer shared is the way to go... We know what to pray for when we go through similar things. I just read his update about the fall. So glad he was not hurt other than the cut. Falling is a true danger for seniors that are seriously I'll. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. How does a giraffe go missing??? Yes, we've read about poor Gracie here, too. Those memes are terrific, but I do hope she is found soon. Ramping up prayers for Sam and for you, Shug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, wonder how in the heck a giraffe manages to remain out of sight. Someone needs to write a first-person(giraffe) book.
    So glad I hadn't heard about her going on the lam until today and saw your most welcome update.
    Bold prayers for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad Gracie has been found. I had heard about her being missing. Fun to see that people had a sense of humor about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had not heard of Gracie or of her being missing. How does an animal as tall as a giraffe stay invisible? Glad she has been found.
    Fun pictures of her "adventures."
    I am so sorry to hear of Sam's fall. Praying for a hedge of protection around him and that the cuts would heal quickly. And continuing to pray for the Lord's mercy, grace, and encouragement, and that He would grant Sam a miracle of healing from the cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I checked and am glad they found Gracie. I’m sorry Sam is having a rough time — thank you so much for the updates. Love and prayers. ❤️💕❤️💕❤️💕

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the first I've heard about Gracie. I'm glad she was found. What fun people had with it while she was missing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not on Facebook so, no I didn't know. I'm glad she's been found. Giraffes have always fascinated me - its that long neck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm happy Gracie has been found, Shug. Your post was totally adorable. I hope your weekend and Sam's, too, is blessed to the max. Thanks for your visits and comments, too. They mean a lot to me. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great that she's been found. That's a wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great that she was found, but I love all of the "sightihgs"

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you manage to lose a giraffe though. lol This did make me chuckle, I love it when the internet gets behind something like this. I'm glad she was found.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have not heard about Gracie here in Georgia. Hope she is ok. As well as Sam. I hate he fell in but glad he didn’t break anything. Prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw this on Fox News, and I am glad she was found, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Was für nette Geschichten um eine Giraffe, die einmal selbständig durch Texas wandern wollte. Es ist gut, dass sie gefunden wurde und es ihr gut geht.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to hear that Gracie has been found and is safe...and all I have to say is only in the grand state of Texas could a giant giraffe seem small and go missing! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH my word - I hadn't heard anything about this. But sending prayers she is found. I love the funnies about what she might be up to though. Lol Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

AC Woes in Texas.

  Well… I woke up around 1:00 a.m. thinking, “Goodness gracious… am I having hot flashes?” 🥵🤣 Nope. Come to find out… our air conditione...