Monday, June 29, 2026

Celebrating Pink and Blue

 Good Monday morning from a very warm East Texas! ☀️


The summer heat has definitely settled in, but so has a heart full of gratitude after such a wonderful weekend spent celebrating family.

Our first celebration was a gender reveal for Trey and Savannah… and it’s a BOY! 💙




The theme could not have been more perfect as baby Rowan's parents (Trey and Savannah) are both big time Duck hunters!!  🦆

We are already counting down the days until little Rowan Allen makes his arrival on October 31st. The moment they announced his name, my heart smiled. 


Rowan was my great-grandparents’ family name, so hearing it chosen for this precious little boy made the day even more meaningful. Some family names have a beautiful way of finding their way back home.


Then we traded blue for pink as we celebrated our sweet granddaughter, Tori, with a bridal shower. 💗




The day couldn’t have been more perfect. Tori was absolutely radiant, and the home where her shower was held was simply breathtaking. Every room, every flower, every little detail created such a warm and elegant setting. I'm sharing a couple of photos because this beautiful home deserves to be admired.







This weekend reminded me just how quickly life changes. One family is preparing to welcome a tiny new life into the world, while another is preparing to begin a life together. 




Babies, weddings, laughter, hugs, happy tears… these are the moments that fill our hearts and become the memories we treasure forever.

Now it’s Monday, and while East Texas is heating up, my heart is still glowing from a weekend filled with love, family, and countless blessings.






Shan and Mylee.....celebrating Tori.


Christmas tree that stays up all year long..





Wishing each of you a beautiful week ahead. May it be filled with reasons to celebrate the people you love. ❤️


Shug 💙💙💙

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Rowan, Tori and your whole family. What great news. I am very happy for you and will say a special prayer for y'all. Enjoy yourselves and make happy memories.

    God bless you all always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the PINK at the shower. It's such a warm and welcome color. That's good news that the baby will be a boy. Sons are so very special. Rowan is a cute name, and one you don't hear that often. I love that it was your grandparents' name as well. Tori's pink dress is pretty, and this home is decorated so nicely. The table with the gold plates and pink flowers is lovely. And I love that the Christmas tree stays up all year long. These were, indeed, two wonderful days to celebrate, Shug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful family filled joyful weekend.
    Beautiful home and decor and congratulations on the new bundle of joy coming.
    Rowan is such an elegant name.
    May your week be filled with God's Joy and Peace.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how nice to be back in blogland and see your beautiful post and family. What a delightful pink shower. What indeed a lovely home. And I love using a family name for your new babe. Our Son has my dad's name, and his son is named for a nephew that unfortunately was killed in a work-related accident. Names are special. I had a computer die, and when I got my new one, my blog dashboard was lost. Thanks to my daughter, I'm up and running. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When is baby Rowan due? I can't wait for photos! your header is gorgeous. When will Tori's wedding be? The shower looks gorgeous, and that chandelier is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful day... I love it.
    Thank you for sharing your family with us.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shug....What a weekend you had! So much joy! So much happiness. That home was truly gorgeous. You are right. And that CHANDELIER!!!!! Stop my rapidly beating heart. I am so happy for all of your dear family. Wow wow wowwwwwweeeee. Hugs. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joy-full weekend you enjoyed! Yes, that house is exquisite -- but not nearly as much as the girls. So excited about Rowan's pending arrival. I love his name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shug! Just popping in to check on you and what wonderful things I read! Congrats on baby Rowan. I love his name and love that it was a family name. Lots of blessings to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Shug, your post and photos are beautiful and heartwarming. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to Rowan, Tori and your whole family.
    I'm blown away by that gorgeous house. Whose is it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations and love to you all! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to all of them. That is a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww! What a great weekend of celebrating! Congrats to Trey and Savannah, that is such a beautiful name. Congrats to Tori too! Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a joyous weekend. It's heart-warming to see new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a joyful post, Shug, filled with family love and sweet memories! Thanks for starting my day off with a smile. I love the name Rowan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky you! I haven't attended either a shower or gender reveal for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful flowers! And it's nice when such beautiful events are celebrated in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful weekend filled with family joy and celebration. Loved all the pictures.
    Wishing you a blessed and beautiful week ahead as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful celebration. Everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulation on the baby boy with such a cute name already! Wow that was some fancy house for a bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

AC Woes in Texas.

  Well… I woke up around 1:00 a.m. thinking, “Goodness gracious… am I having hot flashes?” 🥵🤣 Nope. Come to find out… our air conditione...