Saturday, October 1, 2022

 Life is moving fast, like a swift moving river, making its way down a steep gradient slope!!


Seems like yesterday, I was chasing our 6 grandkids all through the house, playing hide n' seek.  The boys were constantly wrestling with me or pulling jokes on me.  Lots and lots of laughs.

Tori was always exploring through every drawer in our house.....and her favorite thing to do was going through my jewelry box.  Honestly, she still loves doing this!!

Mylee, the baby of the family always enjoyed helping me in the kitchen.  She always wanted to "make cookies for the boys."  She also loved singing "Oh happy Day," while running throughout the house, sometimes doing a little dance.  

I am extremely thankful for all of these precious times, and I'm thankful that I was given the opportunity to be a stay at home grandmother, and to be able to keep the grandkids while they were in their younger years.  

I only wished we were back in those days!!

What is so hard to believe, is that MYLEE (the youngest grandchild) will be getting her drivers permit in just a few months!!  This is CRAZY.

Time. . . . . Please slow down. 

Now, the oldest grandson lives over 1600 miles away and his a family of his own.   Our second grandson lives about 40 miles away and he and his wife are busy, busy!

The others are in College, working and the youngest is in High School.  They all have busy lives!

I've gone from cooking breakfast for all of them EVERY SINGLE DAY, to seeing Tyler's family once a year......Tucker and his wife maybe every two months and the others a couple times a week.  

Distance, it is said, Makes the heart grow fonder.  

This grandmother heart
misses those full days.  

Shug

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...