Friday, May 11, 2018

This is the start to "Mother's Day Weekend."   Such a sweet day to celebrate moms all across the Country.   I think mom's deserve to be celebrated.....can I get an Amen?



As most of you know.....My sweet precious mom passed away almost 13 years ago from cancer.  Multiple Myeloma....a cancer of the plasma cells which can deteriorate the bones.

Even though Thirteen years ago seems like a very long time to most people, it's like yesterday to me.   I can say,  I truly miss my Mother.   

One night this past week, I woke up during the night and I began to think about my childhood.  The sweetest moments popped up in my head.   I remember as a very young child, one particular day that my Mother spent all day long, sewing doll clothes for my sister and myself.   This little memory comes to my mind quite often.

I remember my mom's gentleness as she would shampoo my hair and style it with big ol' rollers.   I remember how she starched "Can Can's" each Easter for my sister and I, so that our Easter Dresses would stand way out.

I most definitely was a Mother's girl.   I would cry if I had to be away from her for any extended length of time.   The only exception was when I would go to my grandmother's house and spend time with my cousins. 

 I remember my fourth grade year in school.....

I'm pretty sure that the other kids in my class, called me a "Cry Baby" behind my back.......but, every single day, I would have to go see my Mother.   She worked in the cafeteria at the school, and I honestly could not think of anything except how I could get out of class and go see her......

I guess my 4th grade teacher {Mrs. Jordan} knew how my little heart was breaking, so she would let me go to the cafeteria to see my mom.  I loved how she would give me a little "Wink" as I would head back to my classroom.

One time I went to spend the night with a friend, and as the sun began to set, I cried and cried because I needed to go home.  My friends mom, would not let me call my mother, because it was long distance from their house to mine.   

 My mother had bought me a cute little pair of house slippers the weekend prior to my spending the night with this friend.  All through the night, I held on to those shoes so tight and I guess this is what helped me make it through the night.  

My mother taught me how to cook and clean......She taught me how to celebrate each day just being myself.  One thing that was important to her was, for us to make our bed first thing every morning.  AND....I still do!!  

I love that she taught me to not to expect things to be handed to me.  

She taught me to love beautiful things like flowers, and sunsets.  Her favorite tree was the Mimosa Tree.....I never see one that I don't think of her!  I somehow think that it was the sweet pink blossoms on the Mimosa that she loved.

She taught me that Life is not fair.....but to make the most of what I had and to find good in the things of life.

My mother taught me to appreciate others.....to be loving and kind, and to try my best to do something good for someone every day.

She taught me to love the Lord and to put HIM first in my life!

My grandmother......{my mom's mother} passed away at the age of 44.   My mother was so young and she had to learn so many things on her own, so very fast.   Mother wanted me to be prepared for what ever might come my way.....

Oh my.....I have so many stories that I could share of sweet, sweet memories and of the impact that my MOM made on my life.  

Mother and I talked on the phone every single morning.  She would always give me the weather report!!  We shared a lot of jokes about this.   She would have to make sure that all of my family was ok.   

The two of us shared so many special moments together.........

I am so thankful to have had this amazing woman as my mother....There is ~ NO ~ ONE DAY  in which I celebrate Mother's Day......   Even though my Mother is now in Heaven.....I celebrate Mother's Day every single day.....I celebrate the joys of having had her as my mom.    

Happy Mother's Day to my MOM in heaven!! 

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!
Shug 🌹















3 comments:

  1. Hi Shug~

    What precious, sweet stories of your mom. Thank you for sharing them with us, I can tell that you loved her so very much. No wonder you are such a wonderful mother and grandmother, you had a perfect example!

    Happy Mother's Day sweet friend, I hope you will be surrounded by those you love and adore you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom sounds totally awesome!! Just like you are today, and all because of her. Such a wonderful and loving tribute. And I know she would be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful and precious memories you hold in your heart. I don't think we ever have a time when we don't need our Moms.Mine has been gone for more than 20 years and I still miss her and wish I could talk to her. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...