Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Oh sweet February....why have you shorted me on time?

How about the rest of you?  Has your 2nd month of the year grown a set of wings.......and just been flying by?

The lazy month of January was a cold one around here.  I'm not complaining though.  I love cold weather!!  ðŸ’™

On one of those really cold days....I spent a good bit of the day, all wrapped up in a blanket....sipping hot coffee!  

To my surprise, when I went to rinse out my coffee cup, this is what I found....⬇


A pre-Valentine surprise!   



I thought this was so cool....It just showed up!  My coffee
loves me too!!  



This sweet niece of mine has kept me very busy this month.
To start with.....she attended the "Night to Shine" event, hosted by the Tim Tebow Organization.  If you're not familiar with this event....you should look it up and catch up on all the GOOD that comes from this one evening each year..

Such a special event for those with Special Needs.

Tammy looked so pretty and she had such a great time.  A night like this really makes them feel so special. 

February is also the Birthday month for Tammy!
She is a Valentine baby....born Feb. 14th, 1975.

🎂🎈🎂



A little cousin love here.  Tori decided that Carson might feel a little better if she crawled up in the hospital bed with him!!

  Another big happening this month was the diagnosis of Carson's type 1 diabetes.   This is our second grandson to be diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.  ðŸ˜¢

This took us by surprise..... Doctor's in Tyler sent him to Children's hospital in Dallas where they confirmed that he does have Type 1.    Bless his heart....he was so dehydrated and had so much pain coming from the stomach and pancreas area.

  This week has been a much better week for him.   He has learned to give himself the shots several times a day.....and the nutritionist has educated him on his meals.  Tucker (the other grandson with diabetes) has also helped Carson so much....
I pray for a cure for this!!!! 

Thank you to all my friends who also are on my FB page....for your sweet prayers for Carson.  

A busy month indeed......but I'm so thankful for each new day.  We are Blessed..

Ⓢhug    ðŸ’Ÿ




5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! But it is good that the two of them can support each other in this, and not feel alone. Seriously, it looks like the heart was painted inside the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sorry about Carson.... Shocking to have two handsome young men in the same family get that disease. Is Type I Diabetes inherited? Are those boys brothers or cousins? Interesting for sure... At least Tucker can help Carson through this.... Wonder what causes it??? I'm sure you all have done your research...

    YES---February has passed by so quickly and with me being sick, it's not a month I want to EVER repeat... ha.....

    It is very warm here now --and in fact, we've had the warmest and wettest February I can remember. Crazy!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things have settled down for you guys.
    Support is the best things when times are rough.

    Love the heart in the bottom of your cup.

    Take care.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having two young men with the same disease is so unfortunate. The one good part is that they can lean on each other.I like your special coffee heart.Tammy is so beautiful.That blue looks amazing on her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shug!

    February did fly by! The heart in the bottom of your coffee cup was cute...nice little reminder of how much you are loved!

    I have never heard of the, Tim Tebow organization, I'm definitely looking that one up! I have a special needs granddaughter, and it is so important to keep these wonderful men, women, girls and boys, remembering that they are needed and loved, your niece, Tammy, is beautiful!!

    I'm so sorry that you are dealing with type 1 diabetes, it sure is a terrible disease. I will keep your family, especially, Carson, in my prayers. I'm a little late posting, so I hope he is doing well. I love that Tori cuddled up next to him...what would we do without family?!

    We truly are blessed, even when we have trials. In fact, I think we are doubly blessed when hard things come our way!

    Take care, and enjoy your week-end!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...