Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Think Happy Thoughts!

"Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, with my righteous right hand."

                                                              Isaiah 41:10


Gosh......I really don't like listening to the news anymore!  Do I stand alone on this?  I honestly believe that the media is dedicated  to reporting as much destruction as they possibly can......after all, it's a "Headline Story" that they are all seeking....


To make matters worse....almost every restaurant has, not just one TV...... but several!  This means that a nice dinner can turn into an evening of "Bad News."

When I go to the Doctor......it's bad enough to have to sit and wait 45 minutes to an hour, past my appointment time, but then to have to endure this amount of time listening to CNN news......WOW!  I think it raises my BP, which can be stressful in itself.   No wonder my BP is elevated when the nurse takes it.

Honestly....our world is so full of evil, and with all the media about Terrorist and ISIS..... it brings cause for FEAR!!  

Even the NFL is full of wrong doings!!  Abuse, assaults, and a whole lot of disbelief.  All of these things, CHANGES the whole game!

In this world that we live in......I am so thankful for the Word of God!  I am thankful for Isaiah 41:10.   God says:  FEAR NOT I AM WITH YOU!   


Make this a day of Goodness!!

Hugs

Shug ~

4 comments:

  1. I was JUST thinking of that very same verse earlier this morning. It is God's promise to us. We have much reason to believe and put our trust in Him, rather than in anything else. He alone gives us hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Shug, we both have the same header today!!! Great minds think alike. I agree, and the news is getting worse and worse as time goes on, just like the bible predicted. It also says to keep our minds on things that are right, beautiful, and good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He IS with us... Sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe and to remember that! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug!

    Thank you for saying what I am thinking! I only watch the world news about once a week, and the local news every other day - I tend to get, "news overload"! We do live in a scary world, and your scripture reference is perfect, it's right up there as one of my favorite scriptures ever!

    Thank you so much for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...