I made this material garland on Monday for this mantel. So, so easy to do and I think it may have cost me about $5.00.
I also made a wreath for the front door!! At one time, I so enjoyed making my own wreaths, but haven't done so in a while. It just gets to me when I see the cost that can go into making one of these things.
Isn't it something how stores mark things 40% off and the price of a bundle of flowers is still way more than it should be?
I dug around until I found some flowers that where marked way down and the ribbon was actually a very good buy.
I made the wreath yesterday and I am pleased with how it turned out......
YOU SEE........ As of this very week, I have now committed myself to "The Christmas Tour of Homes."
Oh my.....what have I done????
What I have done is to let others persuade me into being a part of this event. Don't get me wrong......I want to help when it comes to Community events, and the money goes to a very good cause.....BUT, it is a lot of hard work and the date is set for early in December.
All of this means that I need to skip my usual Fall decorating (Love to decorate BIG for Fall) and I need to already be decorating for the Tour of Homes!!!
Don't you all want to lend a hand to your blog friend? Come on down and help me make this an easy task!!!!
I'm not much for fancy decorating......I like the natural look and I love, love, love.....Country decorating!!
It might just be a quick "Pumpkin Stay" around this place.
Hugs sweet friends...
Shug ~
7 comments:
From what I have seen in your blog,your home will be stunning when you are done with the decorating.I enjoy your creativity.
I love lots of natural elements in my home, too. I'm excited that you're going to do the tour...can't wait to SEE! I need to make a banner. I keep saying that! lol Hugs!
Love your banner!! How exciting to be in the Christmas Home Tour! It is a lot of work, but your home will be decked out for Christmas early :)
Susan
The Christmas Tour Of Homes?!?! Wow! You have to be the very best of the best!! And you ARE, I have always known that. Your decorating taste and skills are so way beyond anything. You could be an interior decorator and make big bucks. Your banner is wonderful,and now I want a mantel so you can teach me!The wreath is perfectly beautiful, they sell ones not this pretty for fifty dollars at Michaels.
If I lived closer, I would love to stop by! That garland is adorable!
Wowzer! Good Luck.
Your wreath, garland and the picture above your mantle look great.
M : )
Oooo!
I get that way. I say YES! all excited and everything. Then, I freeze up and wonder what in the world was I thinking...with a little bit of anxiety on the side.
Then... at the last minute I pull out all the stops and just do it!
If it were't for the LAST MINUTE... nothing would get done around here.
Post a Comment