Saturday, November 23, 2013

Black Friday....

Ok......so I'm wondering about this thing that we call 
"Black Friday."



I know that Thanksgiving in Canada is celebrated on a different date from the date that we celebrate here in the US.
I'm not sure about other Countries.....as to whether or not they acknowledge Thanksgiving at all, or when it might be.

I have not looked this up, but I'm guessing that the USA and Canada are the only two Countries to do so.

SO......this made me think about BF.  Is this a United States thing....ONLY?    Does Canada have a "Black Friday" shopping day?




I don't get mad.....I just sometimes say that I'm mad......and with that said, I'm mad today!  Why?  Because I do not like the fact that stores are opening on Thanksgiving Day this year.    

Many stores are opening their doors.....right after noon.  Even though I am a shopper, and I must say..... I LOVE IT,
I believe that Thanksgiving Day should be reserved for spending time with family and friends.......and for reflecting upon all of the many blessings that we receive every single day...

If the retail stores are going to continue to open their stores on TD, then I see no reason to have a Black Friday!!!

For those of us who like to shop (and I do understand that many people do not).....BF is a day that we look forward to all year.

We map out our stops......We have special T-shirts made.....
we wake up at 4:00 A.M. .........We have certain stores on our list that we must stop at before grabbing something for breakfast.

We love to get mixed up it all of the hustle and bustle....We sing Christmas songs and listen to Christmas music......We act like kids!!

We meet our guys around 6:30 for dinner at the Jalapeno' Tree.......We go back to the stores......We end our day around
10:00!!!!!

And to think that the retail shops want to change all of this for us........makes me mad!!   Disappointed is more like it!

Don't get me wrong.....I'm definitely not a "Habitual" shopper...    This is just one of those days that I like to do my Christmas shopping with my girls by my side!!  It's a family thing....0

So tell me now.......do those of you who live in Canada, or other Countries for that matter.......have such a day as 
Black Friday??

Shug ~




9 comments:

  1. I don't shop Black Friday and I think it is a shame some stores will be open on Thanksgiving. Family is more important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have our Thanksgiving day on Monday,so no,we do not officially have a BF,but I have recently seen ads promoting it on the same day that the US has it.Personally,I don't pay a lot of attention to this.I'm more of a relaxed shopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shug, I am a big shopper, but I think it is not right to do this. Can't we just wait one more day and have Thanksgiving reserved for home with family and friends...and THANKS!! There are plenty of other days to shop!!! In fact, this makes me kind of mad and I have been thinking of posting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, Shug, on stores opening on TD! Wrong!!! I don't even go for Black Friday, but I understand families that make it a tradition. But TD should be reserved for FAMILY. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Northern Ontario Canada, Sault Ste.Marie Ontario we don't have black friday, nothing is open here on Thanksgiving which for us is in October, our small city is a border town so that means I am 5 minutes from Sault Ste.Marie Michigan, I know lots of people cross over the border for shopping, we don't though, sounds like you have a wonderful time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been shopping on Black Friday, since I'm not a big shopper. I do agree that it seems wrong to have stores opening on Thanksgiving. But, I guess it isn't much different that places like Silver Dollar City in Branson will be open the afternoon and night of TD. We'll be there again this year with our family. I feel sorry for those that have to work there that day, tho.
    Hope you have fun on BF and find some great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TD should be a day set aside to spend with family making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not shop BF but I totally agree that ALL stores should be closed all day on Thanksgiving. It's a shame that the almighty $$$ has become so important. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like this either..I think the economy is really hurting the stores and this is why they are trying to do more to attract customers. It's all about the money.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...