Monday, June 17, 2013

Adventure Anyone?



This is what I would like to be doing right now.....floating down the river!  The Guadalupe River runs through New Braunfels, Texas and the water is COLD.    (about 5 hours away from where we live)

It is so relaxing to me, to sit inside the tube, to have my feet hanging off into the water and to float down that river.  I know this sounds kinda strange for someone who can't swim.....who is deathly afraid of snakes.....and whose heart gets to racing when approaching the rapids.  One thing that bothers me more than anything is not being able to see what is under my feet. 

You would think that as cold as the water is.....that there would be no snakes, but I have seen them before!!


Trista and Tyler were in San Marcos this past weekend....which also has a river that runs through the city....the difference is, it's a smaller river and it is clear.

Tyler was attending a football camp there in San Marcos, but before they came home yesterday afternoon......They rode the river!!  
(BTW....Tyler received a WR award at the camp....woot woot!)

Just made me have an itching to drive down and enjoy a bit of this fun.....

How many of you are adventurous??  Do you like to do the four wheel mud riding thing?  (I think I would love doing that)  

Do you like to ride the rapids or do you go water skiing?  (I most definitely can not ski)

Are there any out there who spends the weekends on the lake?  Boating or Fishing!!

I know I have a couple of hiker friends out there (Betsy and George) but, do any of the rest of you do a lot of hiking?

Sam and I are not super adventurous, but it does sound like a lot of fun.....

My thinking is:   you are as young as you feel.....so why not adventure out and stay young!!

Hugs y'all.....

Shug ~

6 comments:

  1. I would be kind of afraid of my feet being bitten, too. BUT I would feel safe with a big group like this, because that lowers the odds. Believe it or not, our senior group at church, which I am a member of, go Kayaking, and all kinds of other active things! I fall and have bad balance, so active things are not for me, though I wish I COULD! A good round of miniature golf followed by trying to remove the caps from my pill bottles is as wild as I get, wah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the things we have tried when we were a wee younger, but you are right. We are as young as we feel. Personally, we have rafted, walked the river to fish, barefoot, with musky on the line, we have canoed many times, floated in tubes like you, we fish often, and even have water skied, snowshoed, cross country skied and 4-wheeled. We still do a few of those things but not as often. I still love to camp in the middle of nowhere. Great adventures to you and your very handsome/gorgeous family. You are the sweetest thing ever.
    BlessYa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes---we are active... AND---that is truly what is keeping us 71 year olders healthy... Thank God for good health!!!!

    You are really working on your health now too---and I am so proud of you... Keep on working --and being active.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, floating down the river sounds like fun to me. I love to swim and like rapids, but if a snake was in the area, I'd be long gone. You're right, adventures and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Floating down the river looks fun and relaxing. Your photo looks like a village is floating together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...