Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Well Deserved Rant

Happy Wednesday everyone....   I still have not been able to pick up my camera yet, so this is the reason that I have no new pictures to post on any of my blogs...I'm doing good to type!

I experienced my first day of physical therapy yesterday, and today....I am so sore!  Aching would probably be the better word here....

I've had a house full of grandkids today....and I love it!  For lunch today, we went to one of our favorite places to eat...
 Dairy Queen!!  The kids can always find something on the big menu and with a kids meal....you get FREE ice cream!

While we were finishing up our meal, another family came in and sat at a table next to ours....It was one of those tables that has chairs on one side and a booth style seat on the other.....

What I witnessed today, almost made my blood pressure rise.
This particular family included a mom, and I would guess her  age, to be around 65 or so....The dad must have been close to the same age.   There was a grandmother, around the age of 80 or more, and then a granddaughter who looked to be the age of 18 - 22 (too old to be acting the way she did)

The mother and grandmother were the first two to be seated, and both of them sat on the booth style bench.  Now let me tell you...neither of them were in great shape and it took some effort for them to get seated.  About this time, the daughter/granddaughter came around the corner and made the statement that SHE wanted to sit on the booth side.  

What happened next, floored not only me, but my daughter Shanda and the grandkids that were with us!  The younger person would not sit down until the 80 year old grandmother got up and moved to the chair.  I was stunned!!

What a major act of disrespect for the elderly......   this young person, sat herself down (right where she wanted to sit) and not once ever apologized.  

I literally had to bite my tongue.  Of course, our kids were like
"Shug...did you see that?"   "How Rude!"

Ok...that's my rant for the day.....and I feel that this one is a well deserved rant...

Have a great day y'all...
shug


7 comments:

  1. Yikes! It might not have been out of place to say something.I don't know if I could have kept my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, how sad, not just the disrespect, but the fact that it went unchecked! Sorry about the physio, hopefully it helps to get you up and healing faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it appalling what rude acts we witness these days. Oh, me, it was definitely a "well deserved" rant!

    Thanks for your sweet comments regarding our daughter's unfortunate loss. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shug...where do these young ones learn their bad habits? This is a sad day when that young lady got away with such rudeness...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I would have had to had my mouth taped to not speak. It's too bad the parents and grandparents did not respond to her rudeness. They let her get away with it so of course, she will continue to disrespect her elders...so sad.
    BlessYourHeart and definitely a rant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Complete and utter disrespect. I would have NEVER have done something like that to an elder when I was younger, nor would I let my children behave that way. What is wrong with young people?! There is simply no respect for anyone or anything left. Grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a chocolate cone at Dairy Queen today. Have to agree - that was rude. sandie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...