Friday, April 13, 2012

Flip Floppin All The Way.....

This is Shug....coming to you from the big city of Bowie, Texas.....


Sam and I left yesterday morning for a trip out to Bowie, to watch our grandson (Carson) play some basketball....


Our local All-Star team advanced to the Regional tournament and they "won"....which placed them in the National Tournament, that is being held in Bowie, Texas...


Bowie is about 200 miles away from where we live..."The City With A Heart."   


Last evening, after leaving the hotel, and heading about 30 miles away to the gym, I looked down at my feet and this is what I saw...  (A good many of you may have already seen this, since it was on my Face Book page)




Yes....this is a picture of my feet, and I do have on two different shoes.  Two completely different flip flops!!!  I was trying on the shoes to see which one looked best...evidently, I forgot to make up my mind!!


Thank goodness, the Lord was aware that I needed a little help.  It just so happens that I had an extra pair of dress shoes in the car.  I have no idea why they where in there, and I don't know how long they had been in my car.  All I know is that I am so thankful to have seen them and thankful that they matched what I had on!!   Whew Hoo!!


Our boys won last night, however....they got beat this morning, which means we are out of the tournament....


Sam and I are now heading to Ennis to see all the beautiful Bluebonnets.


Hopefully....for the rest of this trip, I'll keep the right flip flops on my feet......


Have a good afternoon!!
Shug

11 comments:

  1. Funny about your shoes...Amazing that you had some others in the car!!!!

    Sorry the kids got beat--but they obviously did well overall... Great year for them..

    Hope you see the Bluebonnets. I miss that part of Texas more than anything else. A friend sent me a great photo --which I put on FB this morning...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought you were making a fashion statement with those shoes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! Love both of them! Glad you had a backup pair ready to go! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny about the shoes - both of them are gorgeous!!!
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shug, I am so glad I'm not the only one with a mind or foot full of indecision...funny! I would have kept them on. Horray for the kids. They are all winners, no matter what. Most important, you got to watch Carson play again.
    BlessYourHeart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - I have done that before too - but your shoes were prettier than mine were. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. BLUEBONNETS!!!! They only grow in Texas, our favorite song is about them, "Gulf Coast Highway" by Nanci Griffith, please post them!!! I think the shoes look cool, kind of bohemian!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done something similar, but went to work that way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like something I would do or maybe have done (giggles)
    Contgrats to your grandson.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the bluebonnets, Shug!! And, wear those flip-flops proudly... even if you decide to wear two different ones! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...