Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's All Up To Us.....

Wonderful, Merciful Savior...Precious Redeemer and Friend...
You offer Hope when our Hearts have Hopelessly lost their way.  You are the One that we Praise, You are the one we Adore....You Bring the healing and Grace, our hearts always hunger for....

What a Beautiful Sunday afternoon.....



How many of you know that it is all up to us to make life great?

I know this all too well.....There was a time in my life when I walked the path of extreme shyness and great fear of speaking to anyone other than my family and close friends...

Sad?    ....yes, and this was a very difficult time for me....as much as I wanted to step out and be included in the fun and social happenings going on around me, I just couldn't do it..

I was unable to communicate with others very well, and when, on rare occasions I was forced to talk to strangers,  I felt as if
I were locked in a cage, eager to escape, but could not find a key....

This my friends, caused many paths in my life to come to  some dead ends....It cost me the chance to do many things with my education...I was way to shy to pursue the degree that I would have loved to have had.......It cost me several opportunities to do some things in life that I longed to do....

There were many times when I wanted to reach out and pray for people that needed prayer, but all I could do was to say "I will pray for you."  And....I would, but only in my alone time...

I'm not really sure what brought about the change in my life, but today I can proudly say that I have overcome so many of these challenges....I no longer have a fear of talking to strangers and I am able to do so many things that I would have never stepped out to do a few years ago.....I now trust God to lead me. 

No one.... not even those that love me the most, could make these changes for me....IT WAS ALL UP TO ME....this was something that I had to do for myself....Today I am a completely different person...I long to meet people and the boundaries for me do not have near the limits that they once held me captive to.  Praise the Lord!

It's like being Free!  Do I wish that I had been able to make these changes long ago?  Certainly....There is no telling how tall the ladder would be, that I would now be standing on right now, if I could have only had the confidence back then that I have today......

I think that even my High School teachers would be amazed and would most likely think of me as a totally different person if they were to talk to me today....

It is all up to us.....and thankfully I made the change...

Hugs and Sweet Blessings....
shug ~




7 comments:

  1. Way to go. I feel quite shy at times,too and am trying to work on that.Recently I have pushed myself to step out of my comfort zone.I have a ways to go,but God willing I will do some new and different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shug isn't this just an amazing feeling? God is good isn't HE? In His time we are set free and able to be who He always knew we could be!!!

    It took me many years to be as happy an open as I am today too..

    Blessings dear friend!
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. It is great to feel you have overcome something like that. Wonderful feeling when you find contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes---I think there are always things in our lives that we would change when looking back. But---life happens and at the time, we just do the best we can. Glad you overcame your shyness..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't struggle with shyness now, but when I was a little girl they sent me to the school psychologist because I was so quiet and never talked. (Mom says the man must have been a miracle worker)

    I still struggle with extreme anxiety. There are so many things about my life right now that I really want to change. You are RIGHT. It IS up to me.

    (And I happen to love that song at the top of your post.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shug - it sounds like you have made quite a journey within your lifetime walk. Sounds interesting. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shug, well this post could have been written by me! I was extremely shy at one time, too. To the point of not being able to look anyone in the eye and my voice quivering when I did try to talk. And blushing all over the place. It was a painful time. What helped me get over this was prayer. Lots of prayer and just forcing myself to keep trying. Now, I can proudly say that I can talk to anyone. I still have a fear of public speaking, but I'm not called to do that anyway! Ha! I still have a fear yet to conquer that I don't talk about because I simply don't want to think about it, it has nothing to do with other people or shyness. I'm still praying and hoping to conquer this one, too! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Grand Mother's Flower Garden

  I am a fan of anything OLD, especially when I know that something came from a sweet relative.   How much sweeter can it get when you are a...