Friday, September 10, 2010

Blessings of Raindrops

Singing in the rain, Here comes that rainy day feeling again, Kentucky rain, Rainy night in Georgia, Rain drops keep falling on my head, I love the rainy night, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thunder only happens when it's raining, Purple Rain, Have you ever seen the rain, Early morning rain.......

There really are a lot of songs about the rain!!


The Lord Blessed us with an unexpected rain and it was very welcoming ..The trees, flowers, shrubs, and grass in my yard have been shouting "Yippee Ki Aye" ever since that first drop of rain....      ME...I just wanted to take me a good ol' nap, but kids had to be picked up by 3:30, so that was out of the question.


Just look at these drops....



Just look at the ditch beside our house...




The drops of rain on my front sidewalk are huge...


And check out our new swimming pool!

I can remember just a few weeks ago, when we all were saying how bad we needed some rain.  This was especially so for those that are in the nursery business (not keeping kids nursery, like growing trees nursery.)  When it is dry, you have to keep a constant watch on the irrigation system and sometimes that means day and night.  It can become a little difficult at times.  (like when a pipe breaks)

You can see in the above picture where some of the grass had really been struggling and two of our smaller trees in the front yard did not live due to the dry weather.    But you know what?  God knows what we need and when we need it!  Can I get an Amen to that?

I am extremely thankful for the shower that was delivered to us yesterday.  The temperatures are dropping slightly and now with this wonderful rain.....all is well!  Thank you Lord!

Have a fabulous day...I'll be the first to say Yay, it's Friday!  to that?

Shug........

Give someone a BIG HUG today!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...this totally brings me back to the days of living in the Texas hill country. Nothing like a Texas rainstorm!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Fun with Old Photos

  Fun with Old Photos.... What do you do on yet another RAINY day?  You look at Old photos! We have had rain all day and with it being Satur...