Sunday, September 20, 2026

Pecans and a Recipe or Two

My new order of Fresh Fall Pecans arrived on Thursday....

We always order our pecans out of Arkansas and they are the best.  They come from "Paw Paw's Pecans."



 I ordered 20 bags, which will last all Winter and even into part of Spring.  Banana Nut Bread is a favorite around here and I always double the recipe to make sure that there is enough to send home with all the kids.  

Such a simple recipe that was handed down to me from my SIL's grandmother.  





Not to worry...I do have the recipe written on a protected recipe card.. LOL.  this is the original recipe that she gave me and it has been USED.  I usually cut back on the sugar, using a cup and half instead of 2 cups.  

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Another Quick Recipe for Pecans is the Cinnamon Sugar Pecans...





You just can't beat a good pecan... Whether they are toasted with a sprinkle of cinnamon, baked in a home pecan pie or used in a bowl of "Snack Trash", they always bring the sweetest pleasures.  Around here, we often get a small handful and just munch on them...Plus y'all...pecans are healthy for us!!

Enjoy!!

Shug....


** BTW.."Negative Anonymous" left me a comment... it appears that I should be posting about game camera stuff instead of the topics I write about.  DELETE and go about MY business is what I do...  LOL 😎

No comments:

Pecans and a Recipe or Two

My new order of Fresh Fall Pecans arrived on Thursday.... We always order our pecans out of Arkansas and they are the best.  They come from ...