Saturday, October 26, 2024

The Quite Observer

 The Quite Observer:


Sam and I went for a nice walk yesterday evening.  I wanted to go walk, mainly to get some exercise.  Of course, a nice soft walk isn't quite what one might need if you are really walking for the exercise.  The way I see it, a soft walk is better than NO walk.  

                        πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ‚πŸπŸ‚πŸ

When I say that a Quiet walker sometimes see the most, I mean that when you are not in a hurry, you are able to notice little things along the pathway of your walk...STROLL.

We had just barely began our walk yesterday, when I looked down and found a nickel in the grass.  If I had been walking fast, I would not have noticed the nickel at all.  

                          🧑🧑🧑🧑🧑🧑🧑

I enjoyed seeing the four o' clock flowers that are still blooming, and watching two squirrels as they scurried up a tree when they saw us walking by.  I also noticed leaves that are in the middle of changing colors, and some of them were swaying in the wind, as they gently were falling to the ground.  

                      


By the end of our walk, I realized that it feels really nice just to be able to walk slowly,  and enjoy the sweet things of nature along my path.  

                      πŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”ΈπŸ”Έ  

A nice reminder for me to slow down, pay attention, and notice the beauty and the hidden bonuses of nature.  


I think it is a great day to be HAPPY!!

Shug....🍁

19 comments:

  1. I just love this post, thanks for making smile. Wishing you a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda...I do hope that your day is GREAT.

      Delete
  2. I walk really fast, even in stores, accross parking lots. it is hard for me to walk slowly, as in with hubby, he shuffles and I find it hard to walk that slow. when I walk Beau, our dog, he walks fast, like me, but then he stops and smells. walks fast then stops. not sure how much exercise that is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my daughters are fast walkers and it is hard for me to keep up with them when we shop. I need to do better! Happy Weekend.

      Delete
  3. Slow day today. πŸ™‚ I may even take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny thing...I never take a nap during the day, but there are plenty of days that I know I need to.. Enjoy this beautiful day.

      Delete
  4. I feel you on the slow walk :) Maybe not burning as many calories, but it does the heart and mind even better. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it is just good to not worry about the calories and enjoy a nice soft walk...It worked great for my mind.

      Delete
  5. I’ve always been a fast walker and tend to do things too fast which I’m trying to slow down since that’s how accidents happen. (Falls, stubbed toes, etc) I am taking the time to slow it down and observe the world around me - on being more mindful. Fall is a good time to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange as it might sound, I actually feel better walking fast. However, I noticed that I miss a lot when I do walk with speed

      Delete
  6. Every day is a great day to be happy, Shug. Yes, if we walk too quickly, we miss so much beauty along the way. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much beauty in the small things around us. Thank you Lord.

      Delete
  7. This is exactly what my doctor suggested. (When I used hip pain as my excuse for not purpose walking, that is.) Two out of three can't be ignored, right? Thanks for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even though my walk was slow....I could feel it last night when I went to bed. got up and soaked in an epson salts bath. Isn't that terrible

      Delete
  8. Oh, I loved this post, Shug, as visiting nature is a must in my life. It's so peaceful and calms the mind and body. I'm glad you got to spend some time taking a walk, seeing the flowers and the changing leaves. How special that you saw a nickel on the green grass. I think treading slowly or walking fast are great forms of exercise. Have a lovely weekend, my dear friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. **love the polka dot side bars. I'm a polka dot girl too! ; )

      Delete
    2. Aren't they fun! I've always like polka dots

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I am not good at slowing down, so I need to post a reminder on my ref to slow down.

      Delete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

The Quite Observer

  The Quite Observer: Sam and I went for a nice walk yesterday evening.  I wanted to go walk, mainly to get some exercise.  Of course, a nic...