Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Our Halloween costumes have been ordered and now it is up to AMAZON to deliver!!     This story to be continued:

            The leaves in our area are slowly beginning to change. We have a "Cold" front coming our way, which means that the leaves will really be changing.  





The Sweetgum trees are usually the first to change and by the end of the Fall season, they are engulfed in Red leaves. 

I love watching how a falling leaf seems to  wave through the air in such a delicate and natural way.  It looks like each one, gracefully falls to the ground, as if it's waving goodby.  

I remember several years ago, Sam had given me a new camera and I was taking pictures of EVERYTHING.  One Sunday afternoon, we drove over to the State park to have picnic....Of course, I took my camera and it was my full intention to capture the BEST PICTURE of a falling leaf as it would be dancing to the ground.   

Wouldn't you know it......There was No wind at all that day and it was as if the leaves were being shy.  

I finally talked Sam in to gathering a bunch of leaves, so he could throw them way up above my head, hoping that when they were falling,  I could take a really neat
picture.  

I captured the sky, the tree limbs, my thumb, and all other kinds of things, but not a single leaf.  lol.  

When I see a leaf falling, I am reminded to appreciate the beauty of the season, and by extension, appreciate each moment in life.  

We all know that each leaf that waves goodby, is essentially  paving the way for a new hello from a beautiful new leaf just waiting to bud out in the Spring.  

 🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Quick update on my Brother.  Home Health has been coming out to help take care of his incisions.  The last two days, he has not felt good at all.  I took him in to the Doctor this morning, and the nurse flushed his two drains.  They were checking to make sure that there was no infection.  The doctor has called in some new meds as he has been very nauseated.  They told us this morning that he would not be able to go back to work until the first of the year.  😳     Trusting God..... because bills still have to be paid.  I know that God opened the door for him to be able to have this surgery, and we all know that God does not leave us hanging.  HE WILL MAKE A WAY


Blessings to you all on this beautiful day!

Shug......🍂





7 comments:

  1. Hello, oh I just loved the falling leaf story. :-) I bet Sam still laughs at that memory too.
    Sending prayers, Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla....Yes he does. He made mention that day that I had lost my mind.

      Delete
  2. I've tried to get photos of falling leaves too; they don't always cooperate!
    I'm waiting to hear about your costumes. :)
    I hope the new meds help your brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mari...hopefully these meds will help. I'm sure hoping these simple costumes work out for us. We will just have to try a little harder on capturing leaf pictures.

      Delete
  3. Trusting God is so necessary, but so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy. You are so right. We all won't instant answers....God is so good and He desires us to Trust in Him

      Delete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Our Halloween costumes have been ordered and now it is up to AMAZON to deliver!!     This story to be continued:             The leaves in o...