Monday, October 7, 2024

Monday News and Excitement!

Sam and I had a very busy Sunday!  Once again, we were not able to attend church services as I needed to go to the hospital to check on my brother.   Did you know that hospitals no longer have phones in the patient rooms?  Or at least, this hospital doesn't.  




My brother J ...  had purchased a new phone, a week before going into the hospital.  After trying to call him numerous time on Sat evening, and after I had several calls from family members asking if I had talked to J .....  I decided that I might need to make the 25 mile drive to the hospital to  check on him.. His phone would ring, but no answer!

Seems that his brand new phone completely shut down and would not work.  I was on  my cell phone for an hour and half with customer service yesterday.....they finally told me he would have to get a new phone.  His phone had totally crashed.  

After visiting with him (he is doing much better and expected to go to rehab today)..... Sam and I drove 40 miles in the opposite direction to check on his dad who is in a memory care facility.  

Wow...before we knew it, over half of the day was gone.  

                           


                            

My son-in-law did make it home from California, and he did hang my outdoor Christmas Lights.   Yay!!  I told Sam that I wanted to just quickly turn them on to make sure they looked good, but he said No....  You told him you wouldn't turn them on until after Thanksgiving....I am keeping my word.  




I am filled with Excitement!

Our California Kiddos will be here in just a little over a week.  They will be driving home from California, because their duty at the Base at that location is done.  Their belongings are being packed up and loaded onto the moving truck today!!
They have spent the past couple of months preparing for their move.  They sold one of  their vehicles, as well as several pieces of  furniture and other household items.  
They will be home for a couple of months before heading out to their next home, in another state!  The great thing about this .......  We will be able to see them more often.  
Their new home is being built now and they are so excited.  Military life is definitely a different kind of life, and it truly affects the entire family.  ❤️πŸ’™πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ  

πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

My Prayers continue for those who were in the path of Hurricane Helene.   There is so much horrendous damage for so many people. 

Heavenly Father, I come before You with a heavy heart for those affected by Hurricane Helene.  In the midst of destruction, I ask for Your peace, comfort, and protection to be upon all who have suffered loss.  Wrap Your loving arms around the grieving, the displaced, and those who have lost their homes, livelihoods, and sense of security.  
Grant strength and courage to the first responders, volunteer, and relief workers as they selflessly serve others.  May your guidance lead them to those in most need, and may Your presence bring hope in the darkest of times.  
Lord, we ask for your healing hand upon the brokenhearted, restoring their spirits and filling them with hope as they try to rebuild their lives.  Help each of us to be Your instruments of love and compassion, offering our prayers, time, and resources to those in need.  
In Your Holy name we pray.
Amen.  

Remember:  Monday Blessings are often simple things!

Shug......🫢
 






6 comments:

  1. Amen to your prayer . there is no way I would wait to test those lights, I would sneak out after dark and test them quickly.. mother always put her decorations and tree out the day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand your wish to test the lights. That way SIL can quickly fix anything that isn't working. Definitely not so you can admire them. πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Now another Hurricane is in the Gulf....so sad. Most of the time patients in the hospital are not well enough to answer a phone and from our experience they can never reach it from the bed. The last few times my husband has been in the hospital the phone has only been used to order meals:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Landlines are on their way out. When I had my knee replacement back in 2018, I noticed there was no phone. That’s crazy that a new phone crashed. Glad you were able to get that all figured out for him. Amen! Beautiful prayer Shug, I’m in agreement with all you prayed! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very sweet - I love your prayer, and I join you and pray for the victims of the hurricane and the one coming to Florida this week.
    I love your bright header.
    How wonderful that you visited your brother and FIL - that was church to me.
    I have lots of military young ones and I know how the moving affects the family. Glad they will be closer.
    Ask him if you can try the lights once - how do you know they will work for sure? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for looking after your brother. It is amazing how communication has changed.
    Yes, you are right, Canadian Thanksgiving is next weekend. My SIL is traveling on business this week, and last time he brought us COVID. We learned our lesson. They live an hour away, and have an EV, they usually sleep over.
    We actually move here to be closer to grand kids. I am happy with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Monday News and Excitement!

Sam and I had a very busy Sunday!  Once again, we were not able to attend church services as I needed to go to the hospital to check on my b...