Thursday, October 10, 2024

Hello Dear Blogging Friends.  


Have any of you ever been to the Dallas Arboretum during the Fall season?

Neither have I, but it is most definitely on my bucket list of things to do.  

I mean...I was just in Dallas, Texas this past Tuesday and we drove within three miles of the Arboretum.  Sam and I just did not have time to stop on this particular trip. 



During the Fall season, the Dallas Arboretum totally transforms into a seasonal wonderland of everything Autumn.  

I have many friends who go each year, and they tell me that the highlight of the season is the Pumpkin Village.  It is a display featuring more than ......{get this}.....90,000 pumpkins, gourds, and squash, arranged into the most intricate designs.  


A lot of artistic displays are strewn throughout the park, along with themed villages and several of the cutest pumpkin houses.  

Another great thing about this place is how the gardens are filled with all kinds of Fall flowers.  Chrysanthemums, marigolds and pansies are usually planted as vibrant backdrops in park.  I can only imagine how beautiful the flowers are. 

My understanding is that they have "live music" on the weekends to welcome visitors and one of the main attractions (especially for the kiddos) is the Hay maze.  

I would love to try going through maze, even though I most likely would get lost in the thing.  


I still have time to make the 100 + mile trip to visit this gorgeous place.  It opens in late September and runs through the end of November.  

==========

This weekend is a big weekend here in our big town.  Each year the city holds what is known as the "Pow Wow." It is always held on the second Saturday of October.  

It begins with a huge parade, which starts on the backside of our City park.....and as the parade participants weave their way through the city streets, the parade ends up at the front entrance of the City Park.  

After the parade, the festivities begin.  All kinds of vendors are set up throughout the park.  Food vendors, art vendors of all kinds, games, and even a clown or two are waiting to bring smiles and fun to the crowd of people.  

We have attended the "Pow Wow" every year since 1988, which was the year it began.  

I'm hoping that the weather will be a little on the cooler side, with no rain anywhere near by.  


You all.....ALWAYS brighten my day with your wonderful comments...

Let your heart be filled with happiness. 

Shug.  






 

1 comment:

  1. The Arboretum looks amazing! Oh, those pumpkin houses! I would bring a suitcase and practically live in this place! The Pow Wow sounds exciting, too. I hope you get photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Hello Dear Blogging Friends.   Have any of you ever been to the Dallas Arboretum during the Fall season? Neither have I, but it is most defi...