Thursday, October 24, 2024

Ghost hugs today

 



Are you a Hugger??

I am ..... and giving someone a hug is natural for me!  We give lots of hugs in my family, and I grew up getting big hugs from my Mom, Dad, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters and People in general.  

There are comforting hugs, romantic hugs, BEAR HUGS (which I love to give my grandkids)
greeting hugs, I've missed you hugs, and basically what ever you want it to be HUGS!

Oh...Yes.....some hugs can be FAKE!


Sadly, COVID created (NO hugs) for a good while.

There is really a lot of power in a good ol' Hug. 
How good it feels to be hugged when you feel sorrow.  This kind of hug lets you know that you are not alone...there are people there for you, caring for you. 


I think that a hug is much more than just the physical act of hugging.  A good hug brings comfort, warmth, love and I am guessing it even will boost serotonin in the brain.  EXACTLY WHAT I NEED....I am always looking for ways to increase Natural. serotonin in my brain.  

I have a sweet neighbor that always gives me a hug, and even though I know that her hugs are genuine, she gives STIFF hugs.  
  Her body is stiff and her head is always tilted back not to get too close.  lol.

Whatever kind of hugger you are, it is important to understand that you have to respect the boundaries of those you are hugging.  After all, not everyone finds a physical hug comfortable.  

I'm sending out a BIG Ghost hug to all of you today.  For those who love hugs....I hope you feel it.  For those who do not like hugs....this ghost hug will be kind enough to just speak with words...that I hope you have an Amazing Day.  



HUGS...
Shug. 👻



5 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for my hug this morning. I loved it. I come from a family of huggers too. Plenty of hugs at church and when I meet some friends. I know I have bothered some people because hug but I tend to do it anyway. Its my way of showing love . I like your definition of the different kinds of hugs..that's right on. My son Steve is a Bear Hug kind of guy.
    (((Hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been much of a hugger and am less so now. There is a new stronger strain of Monkeypox found in Germany, along with the two cases of Marburg (Ebola) that were found among train passengers in Germany. Both stories went silent, not to mention whatever is going on with Avian flu in bioweapons labs, so when someone brings up hugs the only thing I think of is "Nope"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the hug. I like hugs to a point, but with all the germs out there and how sick I get with just a cold in my chest - I am more comfortable with not really hugging. It goes right away into bronchitis and pneumonia.
    One of my grandsons has sensory issues and just couldn't hug for the longest time - but he has learned to give a quick one and it is accepted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ghost hug! I wasn't raised by a family of huggers .... but I got here as fast as I could! Thanks for the cautionary, "Curb your enthusiasm." Sometimes I can't help myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I give those I love hugs:) Ghost hugs are good too..through the magic of the internet...sending you a hug now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Ghost hugs today

  Are you a Hugger?? I am ..... and giving someone a hug is natural for me!  We give lots of hugs in my family, and I grew up getting big hu...