Monday, September 16, 2024

Life is Like a Movie

Life is like a movie....... 



                Life most definitely can be like a movie.  I know for me, I sometimes experience 

1.  Mysteries...(like the horse suddenly appearing in my yard last week).... 

2. though I do not like it, sometimes there is Drama!  I honestly try not engage in ANY Drama, but some of my Facebook friends are free loaders on their pages.  

3. There are movies about Hero's.....(most of us have someone who has been a hero in our lives).....  

4. Oh Yes.....I experience Comedy all the time....  

Although the list of movie categories is long, my Favorites are the Romance movies.  (and of course Hallmark Christmas Channel)

Let's see....there are also Horror, Fantasy, thriller, Adventure, Musical, Crime, Western, History, Documentary, Gangster, Science Fiction movies, as well as Reality.

My Story today......    *  Based on a TRUE story and I Added Drama to my movie!!

Longer post than I normally write....  😎


DRAMA MOVIE:


Today....I was the main character in my movie.

Or so I thought....You be the one who chooses.

Characters:   Sebastian.  The Salon owner

                       Amelia:   The sassy client

Setting:  Upscale Hair Salon..."Salon de luxe"

Tagline:  "Where the style is always right, even if the customer isn't!"


Plot summary:


In the heart of a bustling city, Salon de Luxe is the go-to-spot for anyone who wants to be pampered and leave feeling like royalty.  The salon is famous for its cutting-edge styles, luxe treatments, and above all, its flamboyant, talented, and slightly opinionated owner, Sebastian.  Enter; Amelia, a free-spirited and trendy YOUNG woman looking for a bold change to her look.  What starts as a simple appointment soon turns into a hilarious battle of wills as Sebastian and Amelia clash over the ultimate question:  What's best for her hair?


Act 1:  The Consultation

 Amelia walks into the glamorous Salon De Luxe with her mind set on a transformation.  She's brought a picture that she loves, with brown hair, with bold blends of blonde and red color that she has seen on Instagram.  It's edgy, bold, and not at all Sebastian's style. 



 

Amelia:  

"I want this! I love this look.  It'll look so cool, right? Like....Super bold.

          Sabastian: examines the photo, horrified but trying to keep his composure.  He Puts his hand to his chest like he has been shot.  

Sabastian:  "Darling, if I do that to your hair, I might as well throw myself into the nearest dumpster fire."

Amelia:  (laughs, thinking he is kidding)

"Oh, come on, it'll be fun!  It's just hair."

Sebastian:  (dead Serious)

"Hair is never just hair.  Your hair is your crown, and you do not desecrate a crown with  colors such as this.  I simply won't allow it."

The other stylist and clients are eavesdropping, giggling at Sebastian's dramatics.  

Amelia:  "But, I really like it...."

Sebastian:  (firm, crossing his arms)

"then, Darling, Ill give you my sincerest recommendation: find another hairdresser.  I won't do it..Not in my salon."


The whole salon falls silent.  Amelia is stunned for a moment.  No one has ever refused her like this.  


Amelia:  (half laughing, half shocked)

"You're seriously telling me you'll fire me as a client because of the color choice?"

Sabastian:  

"Not fire, darling, Set you free from bad decisions.  Trust me.  I'll give you something stunning.  Something that won't make you look like a highlighter pen exploded on your head. 

Act 2:  The Makeover Battle

After a bit of back and forth, Amelia reluctantly agrees to let Sebastian pick her color.  But now it's his mission to show her what real transformation looks like.  


*Sabastian obsessively checking every strand of hair, to makes sure the color is looking as he planned. 

*Amelia trying to get a sneak peek under the foils, only for Sebastian to catch her and dramatically shriek, " No peeking, darling! You'll ruin the reveal."

As the color sets, Amelia starts to second-guess her decision to let Sebastian have full control.  

Sabastian:  "You're going to be stunned.  You might faint.  I'm ready for that though........but don't worry, I have smelling salts in my kit."

Amelia:  "Sabastian, what if I don't like it?"

Sabastian:  "Then we will be re-doing it Darling, but not because I made a mistake. Only because you weren't ready for greatness the first time."


Act 3:  The Grand Reveal

After what seems like hours, it's finally time for Amelia to see the results.  The rest of the salon gathers around,  as if witnessing an important ceremony.  Sebastian dramatically spins the chair around and pulls off the cape with a flourish.  

Amelia gasps.  Her hair is not the beautiful red, brown and blonde that she wanted, but a gorgeous mix of blonde shades in which gives her hair depth and dimension.  It is stunning. 

Amelia:  In awe

"Oh my Greatness.....I LOVE it."

Sabastian:  (smirking)

"I know."

As Amelia touches her hair, she can't stop smiling.

Amelia:  "Okay, you were right.  This is way better than what I wanted."

Sabastian:  (dramatically wiping a fake tear)

"thank you, darling.  It takes a strong person to admit when I'm always right."

Amelia:  

"I'll never doubt you again.  But.....can I at least get a streak of Red next time?"

Sabastian - pretends to faint at the suggestion, making the entire salon erupt in laughter. 





Shug.....💛






15 comments:

  1. This was HILARIUOS! I loved every minute. You were awesome in describing the event in the most humorous way possible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit...I was a little bit surprised by his comment....But...I am pleased with the new color.

      Delete
  2. What a great story. I knew it was you. I LOVE your hair - blonde. I have had red highlights in my hair, and I HATED it - he was sooooooooooo right. Thank goodness you listened to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved the red tones...was looking forward to having some red in my hair through the Fall season. But. "Sabastian" knew best. Haha...lol.

      Delete
  3. Your hair color is so pretty! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny story. I enjoyed it and laughed all the way through the read. The hair color looks beautiful on you. Perfect! It’s good you listened. I always give my hair stylist permission. Most of the time it turns out fine.
    That one photo of the multiple colors is what my daughter in-law has. It’s nice but doesn’t last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "..... like a highlighter pen exploded on your head." LOLOLOL.
    Now I'm wondering if your Sebastian changed his name and moved to Phoenix. Before relocating, I was lucky enough to have his clone care for my hair. Flamboyant? You bet. For example, the first visit he bluntly told me, "You know, you're not doing yourself any favors with that color." He asked me to trust him; and, if I wasn't 100% pleased, no worry. No charge."
    I enjoyed your retelling so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is funny. I guess you liked what he did? Thank you much...

      Delete
  6. Hee Hee... thank you for this fun post.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative way of describing your trip to the salon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks fantastic, Shug. I think Sebastian knows what he's talking about. During my younger years, I wanted a bold change also, and had blonde streaks put in my hair. And then, one time I went with an brownish RED! It was good for awhile, but I always went back to my natural dark brown. Cute story, Shug, and I knew you were Amelia the whole time. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Entertaining for sure; though I'm struggling right now with losing my hair and wondering how I'm going to look bald if this continues. I'm using special shampoo, conditioner, and serum...but, I don't think it's helping, so when he said it's just not hair, it's your crown...I'm nodding in agreement. Getting old isn't for sissies. You have beautiful hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear "Amelia:" Sebastian did an absolutely stellar job on your hair. The different shades of blonder are perfect. It's very classy and stylish. It's so good you listened to him. Hope the rest of your day and week are awesome. Susan P.S. Please let Shug know that I told you I loved the new "do." Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. agree.... life is a story, and we are the actors....
    love the mystery of a horse at backyard......
    # we saw a wolf, running around a library

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Being a Caretaker.

Being a caretaker can sometimes be very tiring, especially for someone my age.   I have talked about my niece Tammy,  several times here on ...