Sunday, June 30, 2024

Who Likes to Talk

 Who likes to Talk?? 

Are you a talker?  Are you a conversationalist?  We all engage in conversations everyday.   We talk to our husband, our kids, our pets, friends that we meet at the  grocery store, with people who phone us, people at our jobs, and even with those dreaded telemarketers. 👎




In all honesty, engaging in daily conversations with people really can be very enriching. 

 Even if it is just your pet that you are talking to,  this too is great for the mind.  You can say what you want to your pet with no back talk.  Surprisingly, our fur babies often respond with their own unique forms of communication.  


As a person who has always been a "stay at home mom/housewife." I find that it is very beneficial for me to connect with others, especially for my own emotional support.  In doing so, it keeps me from feeling isolated. 


This is the reason that I began blogging.  I needed a place to be able to share my feelings and thoughts,  and the way to do this was through writing.  I have always kept journals, but blogging seems to be more fun! Blogging has always been about learning and connecting.  I have learned so many things while blogging.  

Things about other States, about the differences between living in the North and the South, I have received many new recipes from friends who have cooking blogs, and I have been educated with some great information in general.   

 I have been blogging for 14 years, and yet, I come across new friends all the time.  There are some of you that I have just recently met, and I have throughly enjoy your blogs. 


   Leaving comments is a great way to share in good conversation and to build relationships.  It is fun building a community around common interests and exchanging ideas that help foster a sense of belonging to groups.  

I enjoy reading about your family and all of your pets.  I enjoy watching you all harvest from your gardens, and it is exciting to see charming things that you all create.  

Who says that conversations have to be verbal?  Non-verbal conversations can be just as meaningful.  



Mindful conversations:::  a conscious approach to sharing our life experiences, our thoughts, our feelings, dreams and desires, in words.......with friends and strangers.  




It is a quiet Sunday around here.  We attended church for the 8:30 service this morning.   We came home, changed clothes and went to buy groceries.  (The $160.00 dollars worth of groceries that we purchased today, would have been about $75.00 a few years ago)      So sad how expensive it is to live these days.  




Anyways, we are sitting here watching a movie and I'm just chattering away on this post!!  Too HOT 🔥 to be outside.




Blessings to you all....

Shug.   


 

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! And I love coming to visit you. Love your cute header, especially the computer with the hearts. I don't know how to do that. Over 90 here, but it must be even hotter there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not much of a talker but I do enjoy listening to others and will chime in - if I can get a word in edgewise. My mom and my sister were yackers and I just couldn’t keep up so I took to writing. My husband is the big talker between us.

    The groceries are so expensive that I’ve decided I need to do a better job at menu planning. I think I’ve just given in and haven’t tried to get creative in the kitchen that I used to when my kids were young. I do keep saying I’m going to mail my grocery receipts to the White House. I don’t think they care!

    Enjoyed your post , like always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb and I are good listeners and prefer that role over talking. We find other people's lives and opinions interesting and would rather listen than talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug....So happy to see your visits to Writing Straight from the Heart. Also, thanks so much for your comments. You are a faithful blog peeps! Love your blog. It's like talking with a very dear friend which, in essence, is true. You are my new blog friend and I love our communication, even if it's minimum. Have a wonderful new day, the first of July! Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes groceries are expensive, I feel sorry for anyone with children, it has to be hard for them. I buy all my fruit at Aldi that seems to help the budget and we have a really good butcher shop that has good meat at a fair price...the ground beef doesn't all fry away to grease. I am fairly talkative except when I am in pain...then I just listen because I can get cranky! I love visiting your blog...enjoy the heat...we have barely 70 degrees today and a wind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I love your blog and learning all about your part of Texas. :-)
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said, Shug. I have met so many wonderful people here in blog land, and we learn from each other daily. And I am so thankful to have met such a special lady, and enjoy reading your thoughtful posts every week. : )

    Happy July Shug!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps.....I used to sing that song on your Header to my kids when they were little. Oh, the memories.

      Delete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Letting Go

  Letting go of sentimental items can be quite challenging, because these items often hold emotional significance and memories.  Loving sent...