Thursday, April 4, 2024

Texas Love!

 What I LOVE about TEXAS.....


This is a big Question!  of course....everything is BIG in Texas.

I love the wildflowers....so many different kinds of wild flowers, because our state is huge and  there is such a diverse landscape that covers the many miles of this state.  You will find all kinds of flowers, trees and plants across our wide state.


We live in an area that is rich in farm life as well as ranches and cattle!
The longhorns are beautiful and so interesting to watch.  

Oh my goodness....when it comes to BBQ









I mean 

seriously!

The Best ribs and sliced BBQ EVER!








From the bright shining STARS at night to the vastness of the land......The state of TEXAS is 

a picture perfect state.   It is awesome to drive down the road and see "Roadrunners" cross in front of you.  And at night, you may see several armadillos, deer and other kinds of wildlife. 

The people are super friendly and we all have a unique accent.......plus we have a language that all Texans understand.  

The very word "TEXAS" has it's roots in Caddo tribal word "tejas" which means FRIEND.


Sweet Iced Tea, speaks for itself.....SWEET!!

This is a must ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›


Chickens on the loose!!  This is what I saw yesterday, by our local cemetery.  I went to check the flowers on my loved one's graves and this chicken met me at the road.  

From the cowboy hats, the boots, Rodeos, Blue Bell ice cream, OIL, The State fair and BIG TEX, Tex-Mex food, HOT Summers, songs about Texas, the Alamo, the 8 or more hours it takes to go across Texas, our flag, the state flower {Bluebonnet}....our state bird (the Mockingbird)... Buc-ee's, Texas A & M Aggies, .......I could go on and on about the goodness of living in TEXAS, but ...... I have several errands to run this morning, so I suppose I need to get going.

Let me hear about your STATE.  

Hope you all enjoy your day, and if you get a chance.....come visit our beautiful state of TEXAS.  

hugs, 

Shug....๐Ÿ’›

 

5 comments:

  1. I love your Bluebonnet background! And I never knew about the origin of the word Texas. I have always wanted to see a Roadrunner. They are so cool! Looks like the rooster may be security for the cemetery! And don't forget the birds! Texas has more birds, migrating or not, than any other state!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to hear a little about your state, Shug. I've heard of those bluebonnets, and the color is stunning. And I heard of the barbecues and Texas chili. When my daughter lived in Georgia, they had sweet tea there too. That first picture of the flowers is so pretty. What a unique looking flower. The thing I've noticed the most about Texas women is that they have ALOT of energy. What a lovely post this was.

    Have a blessed weekend, Shug.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bluebonnets! Minnesota land of more than 10,000 lakes! Loons, Lady slippers wild flowers galore, potato, grain and corn fields. Evergreen trees and snow too many months out of the year. Frozen lakes, parkas and good snow boots, never forget your mittens or your hat. Warm summer evenings with fireflies. Skeeters bigger than birds buzzing around your head and ears. Pontoon rides on the lakes, fishing if you want to clean fish. Grass to mow and Poison Ivy to kill. Chokecherries to pick and make jelly, U pick Strawberries, fresh tomatoes! Tourists...traffic...road construction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love living in Texas!! The wildflowers are just gorgeous this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we visited Texas several times..... yes, wonderful place..... love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Pecan Trees

  A view that I never get tired of looking at!! Pads and Pads of growing Pecan Trees! From pots filled with seedlings to one year trees or t...