Saturday, March 9, 2024

Old Antiques

 I LOvE Antiques!  

One of my favorite things to do is shop for Antiques!  

I guess you could say I have a "Vintage Love!"

Wow.....when I see old pieces of furniture, old stoneware jugs, depression glass, farming tools, or just about any kind of Treasures from the PAST, I just get Giddy!!

One thing in particular that I have always loved, is OLD Telephone Booths!  I would love to have one, and it would be especially awesome to have one of the Antique "Wooden" phone booths.  If I ever do find one, I can assure you I will be grinning like a possum eating a sweet potato!!!



This is as close as it gets though.  I have this Telephone mirror attached to the wall just before we go into our bedroom.  Geez...I think I have had it for at least 15 or so years, and I never tire of it.  



I remember as a young girl......our little town had a phone booth near the baseball field where my brothers played.  My friends and I would play in that old booth.  None of us had 10 cents to make a call, and honestly, calling was not a big thing for kids back in those days.  

Throughout the years, Sam and I have collected old dishes, peddle cars, Cruets, stone jugs, a typewriter, a cookie jar, furniture, and all kinds of vintage nik naks!

            

                                                                             Cruet

We have spent MANY hours with our friends shopping for antiques.  When we all take trips together, I can assure you that there will be one, two or sometimes four or five stops at Antique shops.  


Hope you all enjoy an awesome weekend.  We woke up this morning to COOLER weather  💨 and the wind is blowing.


Blessings!!

Shug....🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

6 comments:

  1. I love shopping at antique shops too, Shug. There is an antique shop in my hometown, and it has rows and rows of collectibles. It takes forever to browse through it all, but it's fun. Your telephone mirror is delightful., and it's nice that you can see the reflection of the room next to it. I loved hearing about your friends playing in the old phone booth when you were young. Such good memories.

    Have a pleasant weekend, Shug.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the phone booty mirror! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness. Not booty. I meant to write booth!

      Delete
  3. Me too! And WOW, this phone booth is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to love to shop for antiques, it is a great hobby! A 4 H club in our hometown built a British phone booth for a little library, I will take a photo of it someday:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Special Olympics

Special Olympics Basketball Game.... If only these special olympics men and women could understand that THEY are a Blessing to so many peopl...