Friday, January 1, 2016

Good Luck and Wealth........

Black-eyed peas and Cabbage.   How many of us really know the reason that we find it necessary to eat Black-eyed peas and cabbage on New Years Eve?   Or.....Is this just a Texas thing????

                                                                                      Pinterest.....

What I know is that my great grandparents, my grandparents and my parents......ate them on January 1st each year, for GOOD LUCK and for MONEY!!   And now.....my family eats them for Good Luck and Wealth.   Even my two grown daughters feed all of this deliciousness to my grandchildren!!

Will each of our grandkids pass this tradition down to their children??  I'm guessing so!!!

In my case.....the great thing is......I love cooked cabbage and I love Black-eyed peas.  No problem in me eating these two dishes on New Years day.....or any other day for that matter.   

Another interesting thing that I know is this!  No matter what the coming year holds for me and my family.......GOD IS IN CONTROL.    Sure, HE gives me the opportunity to make good choices or bad choices......BUT, if I seek HIM on a daily basis.....and I ask HIM to direct every step I make, THEN.....I can rest assured that I am going to be Victorious!


We have a brand New Beginning right before us! 

Happy New Year to each of you!  May we all recognize the daily Blessings that are given to us so freely.   And....may we always be quick to give God the Glory that HE deserves!

Shug!

9 comments:

  1. What a comfort to know that God is in control. Happy New Year to you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard it was for good luck but we still grilled a steak tonight! lol Happy new year my friend. Wishing you all of God's blessings in the coming year. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shug, I am learning something new about black-eyed peas and cabbage. I am assured and thankful that God is still in control no matter what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello and Happy New Year. God bless you and your family in the new year. I am not from Texas, so have never heard of eating black-eyed peas and cabbage on New Year's Eve. Can you share a recipe sometime? I would like to try it! Thanks so much and may 2016 bring wonderful blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard of that tradition but have never done it. - We ate left ove snack foods. - Yes God is in control and that's a good thing to focus on in this New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and your family, Shug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Years Shug... First time I heard of black eyed peas was when I lived in Texas..I love them too! Blessings...Gert

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this tradition! Our friends (from Texas) did this. So, we now do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good to me, my parents always had that for New Years. Happy New Year to you, Shug! Here's wishing you and yours the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...