Monday, October 1, 2012

The Bake Sale




Don't you just LOVE a good ol' Bake Sale?

I do!!

There was one being held at our church, this past Sunday morning.......after church....

I couldn't wait to get out to the tables, in search of
the perfect dessert that I would be taking home with me.

Every dessert looked SO GOOD, but there were a couple of  them that really caught my eye.

I wonder how many of us judge what dessert to purchase, based upon how great it looks?  You know, kinda like a big four layered coconut cake that is topped with a cherry.

Would this cake be most people's choice, over a plain, simple
little box of cupcakes?  Probably so!

I ended up buying a pan of homemade popcorn that was drizzled with white chocolate and nuts.  I also purchased a 
great looking pumpkin roll......

I am super pleased with my purchases.   Both of these desserts taste so good!

**
Back to my point.....Do we buy according to "eye appeal?"

Like the desserts.....

A person's life should not be judged by it's decorations!
(fancy shoes, lots of bling, clothes, the car we drive, the house that we live in....etc.)

I would like to think that when people look at me, they see the richness (as in Christ Like measure) that I live by.

The world today is looking to fill us with jealousy, bitterness, anger, lots of pride, and selfishness....It also teaches us that
material  things and money are the things that will make us a success.

What the world doesn't know is that our success comes in knowing Jesus Christ.......God has written the BEST recipe
book of all times.

The "BIBLE"

Thankfully, God does not look at us on the outside.....HE is interested in how good we are on the inside.

Are we full of compassion for others?  Do we show love to others.....Do we judge others by what they have or by how they look?    

The recipe for life that God is pleased with is 
our goodness.....and our Trust in Him.

***

Now, I'm off to grab a slice of that pumpkin roll......or wait, 
white chocolate popcorn would sure be great, while we watch the ballgame!!

Y'all sleep tight....

Shug







7 comments:

  1. Aren't you clever at working your lessons in your posts? Like Paul I've had plenty and I've done without. It really doesn't matter what you have or don't have, but what your relationship is with God and with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great illustration Shug! And, I'll take a piece of that Pumpkin Roll. Thank you! :o) Love pumpkin! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those desserts sound yummy.
    The world,and that includes me,puts too much emphasis on looks.I know I tend to compare myself with others and that is so wrong. God made me who I am and that is good enough.I AM a Child of the KING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shug, Thanks for keeping up with me through FB... I enjoyed sharing my photos --and look forward to posting more on my blog...

    The Pumpkin Roll sounds delicious... Perfect for FALL... YUM!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh I'm so glad you found me, I lost my blog list a while ago and have had so much trouble finding all my friends!!!
    You always inspire and lift me up when I come to visit your blog, every time, I hope you are well and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am baking brownies tomorrow for a bake sale on Thursday. Hey what is your recipe for the popcorn. And God's recipe - if only we followed it more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kept looking for pics of those desserts! :D
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...