Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Yellow Rose Of Friendship

Jealousy.....Envy......   These are DISEASES....

           "GET  WELL  SOON"  

I don't think I have ever written a post based upon  Envy or Jealousy, but I strongly believe that there is much to be said in regards to these "Waste of Time" words..

These two words are very similar in the fact that they cause one to "Count another person's BLESSINGS, rather than to recognize their own!"

{Whoever envies another.....Confesses that person's SUPERIORITY}
                                                                  Samuel Johnson

{Jealousy is a mental cancer}  
                           B. C. Forbes




"On top of Spaghetti."   Well, these two words {Envy and Jealousy} have been rolling through my mind like  meatballs  rolling to the floor when somebody Sneezed!!


How can people have So much Envy in their hearts? 

Envy is defined as:  A feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages or success! 

 Do you see love written anywhere in this definition? 

As I see it, nothing good can be obtained when you harbor anger, gossip, irrational mannerisms, a mean spirit or envious feelings in
your heart.  Jealousy or Envy are simply not very becoming!!

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones"
                                                                        Proverbs 14:30

"For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice"
                                                   James 3:16 


It's so important to keep that beautiful rose of friendship blooming!  Envy and jealousy can do nothing but rot the stem of a friendship and destroy it's radiant bloom!


Shug Sez....

We must guard our minds daily.....

5 comments:

  1. Shug, did you take that beautiful yellow rose picture? I never have really been jealous of anyone, and if my friends have nice things, I am happy for them. One thing that I think is this. People we envy, if we only knew about some of the burdens they carry that we know nothing about. No one's life is perfect, and if we knew the half of some peoples, we may not want to be in their shoes, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post....wish every young married woman would read this and take to heart. Seems all a lot of them want is what their friends have, especially the ones that have money, or sometimes that don't, but have so much debt it puts a strain on their marriages. I think as we age most of us are thrilled when someone has or does something really neat, but not so much the younger ones. Happiness does not come from possessions but from the heart. Good job, plus you let me vent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice."

    WOW!! God's Word says it all, huh.
    I see this as a warning, that envy breeds more sin.
    The second commandment calls us to love thy neighbor so envy is indeed a deadly sin for our souls.

    Thanks for the post and sharing God's word and your heart:)
    JIll

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said.To be content with what I have is so much more satisfying.Thanks for this thought provoking post.
    Blessings,Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shug! THIS is an AWESOME Post!! Such Wisdom and Truth for sure. I think if everyone is honest we all have envied someone or been jealous at times but it is through Christ that we learn true contentment. For some, it can be quite the journey as the Lord leads them from glory to glory and learning what ONLY HE can teach is sooo wonderful and peace filled!

    Great post Shug!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Easter Dessert

  No-Bake Strawberry Crunch  Cheesecake! I think I will.....I think this is the perfect dessert for my Easter Lunch! I mean seriously ..... ...