Thank you for stopping by....I think I need a shoulder to cry on!
I have to say goodbye today to something that I have become attached to.........something that has been a part of my life for the past (Almost) 39 years...I really do have a tear in my eye. I know this is crazy, but go ahead and call me crazy!
I am definitely a very sentimental person....and I love being this way, even if Sam does tell me that "I'm always on a sentimental journey." How can a person not enjoy traveling down this road?
My friends...today I have to say goodbye to...............THE ONLY HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER THAT SAM AND I HAVE EVER HAD SINCE WE GOT MARRIED BACK IN 1972.
I guess Sam and I are both pretty STABLE people. In this day and time, who keeps the same phone number and the same Post Office Box number for 39 years? Now, I can't say that we haven't moved in the past 39 years (I think we have built 5 different homes) but these two numbers have managed to stay with us.
OK...it's kinda like, WHO WILL BE THE NEXT OWNER OF OUR old phone number?
Will it be someone that is stable, and will they give this number the total respect it deserves?
I know....what difference does it make...The matter here is that this number has always been a part of us. Shoot... what will the IRS think? This number is on every single return we have ever filed.
Needless to say, we are going totally WIRELESS. I suppose we already have. We made the drastic change two weeks ago. I just have not had the courage to call the phone company and say those words "Disconnect Please."
What will be next? Oh, I know there will be something in the future that will require me to give up my one and only Cell Number. When that time comes, I hope it will be easier on me.
YES, I am a sentimental person. My mother passed away five years ago, but I can't seem to remove HER cell phone number from my phone. I never dial the number, but I know that it is there and that.... my friend.... brings me comfort!
Again, I must say thank you for stopping by and for lending me your shoulder to cry on. Tomorrow is a new day...and if you need to reach me, call my cell!!
Do you think it was difficult for our great-grandparents to make changes in life? Like having to build a NEW "Outhouse" and having to tear down the only one they had ever had. Just a thought!
Myspace Graphics at 123glitter.com
- ► 2016 (65)
- ► 2015 (163)
- ► 2014 (222)
- ► 2013 (222)
- ► 2012 (288)
- The Language of Friendship
- The Colors of The Rainbow...so pretty in the sky!
- I Will Not Forget You...
- Simple Pleasures Of Life....
- Does Grace Know Your Name?
- If you're gonna DREAM, then dream BIG!
- The What If's Of Life.....
- Oh Spring....You Are Almost Here!
- Do you have the Magic Formula that I Need?
- Thankfulness Is Something
- Thankfullness is Something
- In the seed in an Apple....you can't see it yet"
- A Bargain Crafty Kind of Gal.....
- Strength Of A Survivor
- Need Extra Time? Let me tell You how to get it!
- Using your Talents...Free Throws For Souls!
- Love Is A Good Thing ~
- Our Inner Beauty
- " Why? Lord"
- When Being A Kid Was FUN!
- I Never Caught Anything From An Apron....But Love
- Life Is Sweeter With A Little Chocolate
- A New Adventure In Life
- It Hurts To Say Goodbye
- Snow Day 2011
- All In A Week!
- cAN'TdO aNYTHING rIGHT iS mY tITLE tODAY!
- I think Its About To Get Cold
- I could Be In Trouble
- Blooming Where God Plants Me.....
- ▼ February (30)