Friday, March 12, 2010

Rant for the Day

I am usually a totally upbeat person, but every now and then we all have to vent.  Today is a RANT day for me.  I guess I just need to get it out of my system before I can go on and have a fabulous day.
So, HERE IT IS....MY RANT.

We all have our Favorites....Like our favorite movie, food, people, book, phone, clothes...and the list does go on and on.

I have several favorites myself and one of them is a little shop in our area that has the cutest clothes and accessories.  These are things that I like to take my time looking at when I am shopping.

I absolutley love to look at all the unique items in this particular store, but my shopping is dampened by the sales people that continuously follow their customers around. { Can I start you a dressing room, Have you seen this, What size can I get for you, Are you looking for something particular, We have this, Let me help you.}  Makes me want to S C R E A M.. 

I have noticed that it's not just me that they follow around, it is every customer that comes through their doors.  I can not decide if they are over eager to sell or if they just do not trust customers.  It is my belief that WE, {the ones that shop there} would probably purchase a lot more if they would allow their customers to have the enjoyment of looking and deciding on their on what they want.

Most of the merchandise that this shop carries can not be found in most other stores and the prices are very good.  So I ask myself,
should I let them know that I don't like to be followed around, do I talk to management or do I just take my business elsewhere? 

Ok, you have heard my RANT for the day....Do I feel better?
Yes I do....

2 comments:

  1. Having worked in retail for almost eight years I can say that if the employees at this place are anything like me, they hate pestering you as much as you hate to be pestered. (That is, unless they work on commission.) Most of the time if they are being that annoying, they are doing so because their management told them to be. I would do this-- The first time they ask if you need help, just say politely "No thanks, I'm just looking. If I need something I'll come and find you." If they have a name badge, call them by their name. If they ask you again, then it would be time to report them to the management. In fact, any time an employee does something that annoys you, I would tell the management. Sometimes the annoying thing they are doing is required by management-- Telling the management not only helps you have a better experience,it also gives management (who often don't have a clue about how to deal with real people) an opportunity to see how their policies affect the customer and employees negatively.

    Anyway, just my two cents. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Sunday Thinking

  Happy St. Patricks Day!   🍀 Tomorrow, I will be filling my hummingbird feeders.  The little beauties should be arriving any day now.  I a...