Friday, July 31, 2026

Walking in Valleys

 Have you ever found yourself in one of life’s valleys and wondered when you were finally going to see the sunshine again?


The truth is, none of us are promised a life without hardships. There will be days filled with joy and laughter, and there will be days that leave us tired, discouraged, and wondering why the road has become so difficult.


The past few weeks our valley seems to growing and getting deeper and deeper.... I might could even say the past few months.......Yes, most of this year has been a valley.  


Sam has been sick, and for several weeks now, I have not felt well....not felt myself....and have had little energy.   It’s been one of those times when simply getting through the day has taken all the energy I could find.


On Thursday I guess my body had decided on it's own that if I wasn't going to slow down, then it would slow down for me.  Around 9;20 on Thursday morning, things got bad for me.  I had broke out in a full sweat.. sweat dripping from my head and neck, along with feeling clammy all over.  I was nauseous and felt faint.


Suddenly, the room was spinning and I could barely move...My calf muscles were aching and I  did not know what was happening...I made it to the bed, but I couldn't lie back, couldn't stand up and was just frozen still.  Shanda had already gone to the store for me to get me some liquid IV because I felt a little weak, and I knew she would be here soon....when she came in, she could see that I was having problems.  Sam came in and Shanda phoned Trista to come home.

 

They ended up calling an ambulance for me and I did go to the ER..  The doctor was very thorough in making sure I wasn't having a stroke or heart issues.  He did test and ordered a lot of blood work.. I also took in two bags of fluids, some nausea meds and something for the vertigo.


 I was dehydrated, I had a bad UTI and I was having vertigo.  After a day at the hospital and some meds, I came home and have been resting ever since... Hopefully the UTI will get better soon.... I've been drinking lots of water and juice to help with the dehydration.....and the vertigo is better.


If you’ve stopped by my blog lately, you’ve probably noticed something unusual. I haven’t even changed my blog page! Now, if you know me at all, you know that is so unlike me. I love changing it up and making it inviting, but I just haven’t felt well enough to do it.  Could it be STRESS?  You know, stress can do so much harm to our bodies...


I also haven’t had the strength to read your wonderful blogs or leave the comments that I enjoy so much. If I’ve missed your posts or haven’t responded, please know it wasn’t intentional. I just haven't felt well enough to do so.  I truly miss visiting each of you, and I hope you’ll accept my sincere apology. I can’t wait to get back to reading your stories and reconnecting.


As I sat here, God has gently reminded me of a simple but powerful truth.


We all walk through valleys.


Some valleys are caused by illness. Others come through loss, disappointment, worry, or circumstances beyond our control. None of us are exempt.


But here’s what brings me peace: God doesn’t ask us to walk through those valleys alone.


He goes before us.

He walks beside us.

He stays behind us.


There has never been a single moment when God has abandoned one of His children.


Sometimes He calms the storm.

Sometimes He calms His child while the storm continues.


Either way, He is faithful.


I’ve learned that the deepest valleys often become the places where our faith grows the strongest. It’s where we discover that His grace truly is sufficient and that His strength really is made perfect in our weakness.


If you’re in a valley today, don’t give up.


Keep trusting.

Keep praying.

Keep taking one step at a time.


The valley isn’t where your story ends. It’s simply a chapter that God is using to draw you closer to Him.



“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.” — Psalm 23:4


Thank you for your prayers, your friendship, and your grace during this season. I hope to be back in full blogging mode real soon....For right now, I'll do what I can in posting and in catching up with you all..  One thing that I can say is that even when I feel bad, joy comes to me through my blogging...


Until then, remember this: The God who meets us on the mountaintops is the very same God who walks beside us in the valleys. And He has never failed us yet.


Shug......

1 comment:

  1. Aw Shug, I'm sorry you have been dealing with this on top of Sams illness. Don't worry a bit about us, just take care of yourself.
    Thanks for your wonderful testimony in the middle of this - praying for you and Sam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Walking in Valleys

 Have you ever found yourself in one of life’s valleys and wondered when you were finally going to see the sunshine again? The truth is, non...