Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Thankful and Blessed

We woke up this morning to cooler temperatures.  YAY!  It feels so good outside and I will most likely be wearing jeans today with a light jacket...  Well, the jacket might last until noon! 

My day yesterday was marked as a FULL day!

I took my brother to the doctor yesterday,  and I will be taking him back again this morning, hopefully to remove about 50 staples from his abdomen.   

The rest of my day yesterday was filled with much Love.  Our home was the gathering place for my grandkids and great grandkids.  

We had not seen our littlest one in about a month and oh my goodness...he has grown so much.  They live about six hours from us, which means we only see them about every other month.   


A little later in the afternoon, the California crew came in.  I guess it is safe to say that they are no longer Californians.  Their time out there has been completed.  Once again, the toys and books are all out and the snack drawer is full.  Mom and kiddos will be here for a couple of months while dad is away at school, preparing for their next move.  

I am thrilled that the family will be together for Thanksgiving this year, but sad that T will have to spend Thanksgiving away from his Texas family.  He will spend this particular holiday with his military family.  😢.    As many of you know, there are many sacrifices made by our military men and women.  


This makes me happy....knowing that the little ones have left their mark on my living area.  


LOL.....they were totally entertained outside as well.  They decided to rope off (tape) the pool area.  Thank goodness that Sam has a lot of plastic ribbon in the garage.  The good thing about the pool cover is, they can walk all across it without it sinking in.  

I'll leave you all with this....a picture I took this morning when I stepped outside to feel the cool weather.  



Happiness shared is happiness doubled.  

Shug.......💚







 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the many smiles. I so enjoyed seeing the pool area tapped over, LOL. Wishing you a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, temperature downs to under F 50 for the first time at our areas now.... cool.
    wishing you and your families all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cool temperature! I know you love your family coming. Thank T for me for his service. Honestly, I appreciate it. Your pool cover you can walk over and not sink in? That amazes me. Glad you enjoyed your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally feel your emotions in this post. Precious treasures scattered over the floor. Beautiful reminders. Thank you for the service that your son and others do to keep us safe.
    Hopefully the Dr. can remove the staples and your brother can get on with healing and life.
    Its trying so hard to rain today. We need it badly but I think it will just spritz and be done.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's nothing like the first feel of an honest-to-goodness Autumn morning, is there? Same here!
    I love that your family's already making their mark in and around your home. Love the littles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those cooler temperatures are the best! I'm glad that your family, for the most part, will be with you through Thanksgiving. Thank you to T. for his service, too. Our son, G., is in the Air Force and we couldn't be prouder. Blessings, Shug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know about those missed holidays when a loved one is serving his country. My husband served 20 years and would always remind me not to let my Navy son feel sad or bad because they don’t need that. They have a mission and need to stay focused. So I just let him always know how proud I was of him and would always pack a box of gag gifts for him and his shipmates.
    That’s nice you let your grandchildren play and are not hung up with the house.

    Beautiful sunset photo! Glad you’re having some Fall. I woke up to sprinkles and cooler temperatures but by the time I left Bible study, the temperature was moving up! We just can’t seem to shake summer! But a little rain is better than no rain plus it did clear out all the smoke from the Shoe Fire.!

    Babies sure grow fast don’t they? Glad you’re able to see him even if it is every other month. God bless and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful family.
    We've really cooled off. I am ready for the change.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for Blessing me today with your comments...

Thankful and Blessed

We woke up this morning to cooler temperatures.  YAY!  It feels so good outside and I will most likely be wearing jeans today with a light j...